Ctrl-` (Ctrl+BackTick) Closes active Tab.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
sleveoSlim

Post by sleveoSlim »

~~ 2021.06.08 BUG in SlimJet v30.0.4.0

Intermittent behavior. Sometimes closes two or three tabs. Sometimes closes one. Ctrl-Sh-T will restore those closed tabs, one at at time.

Afraid I may have set some hotkey program to do this, I closed all my hotkey programs and still got the same problem. Tried it in Firefox, but did NOT work to close tabs.

I run SlimJet v30.0.4.0 on Win 7 home. I have 347 tabs open.
Using latest build, currently Running 32 bit SlimJet v31.0.2.0 on Win 7 Home on Intel i3 with 8 gb RAM.

oftentired

Re: Ctrl-` (Ctrl+BackTick) Closes active Tab.

Post by oftentired »

Run an incognito instance of Slimjet and see if you can reproduce the problem.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

With MacOS, that closed the whole window.

sleveoSlim

Post by sleveoSlim »

Okay, this is embarrassing for me. I had NOT carefully examined the Tab context menu.
So, Problem solved. NOT A BUG. Thanks for those who tried to help.

It seems that SlimJet added a feature back in 2019 or sooner, in the Tab Right Click menu:

Tab / Right Click / "Close all tabs from this domain" Ctrl+`

I do NOT recall seeing this in New Features or Version History. I cannot find any mention of it when Searching this Forum for "close all tabs". Well, hopefully with this post, it will show up in a Search.

I find it ironic that I only learned about this Feature from the Cent Browser forum, where they were asking for this SlimJet feature to be implemented in Cent. CentBrowser (dot) net "Close tabs from this domain" or "Enhanced tab context menu"

Work Around: I stumbled on this by hitting the wrong key (Ctrl+`) when I actually meant to hit Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Sh-Tab. While I don't know how to disable a hotkey in SlimJet, I can use a Key Remap / Text Expander utility to change or disable this particular key. I use HotkeyP (because it's small, powerful and allows me to map Rocker Mouse action, like RL or LR. Requires some learning curve.)

With HotkeyP I can Set this key Ctrl+` to Command: Disable key.
I add a note in Description: This is to STOP SlimJet from closing ALL tabs from this domain.

Q: Anyone know how to disable a context menu hotkey in SlimJet?
Using latest build, currently Running 32 bit SlimJet v31.0.2.0 on Win 7 Home on Intel i3 with 8 gb RAM.