Slimjet closes after clicking on the weather icon

Slimjet bug reports
Mr_Electro84

Slimjet closes after clicking on the weather icon

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Hello,

I am here to report a bug, the bug is the following:
-For people living outside the USA, and after setting the location, as soon as you click on the weather icon (on the toolbar or on the homepage), the browser closes abruptly.

What is the origin of the problem? Is it possible to fix it?

I thank you in advance if you have answered this message

Mr_Electro84
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

oftentired

Re: Slimjet closes after clicking on the weather icon

Post by oftentired »

I just chose, randomly, Melborne UK for weather and it actually showed up with the forecast and no issues. Looking closely at it. I spelled it wrong without the E on the end of Melborn. After I corrected the spelling and added the E, it refused to show the weather report. I then tried Melbourne Australia and that worked with the correct spelling. Next up was Athens Greece. Worked just fine. I was unable to get any weather for the Capital of Swaziland. But, still not reproduction of the actual browser shutdown.

So a suggestion, you may have some messed up code from a download or HD issue. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall and test again?

If the bug persists, you should report the bug using the Online feedback webpage and there, you should provide the City and Country so the developer can have a closer look.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

It worked, just for a moment, then the browser closes again by clicking on the weather icon, I tried to reinstall Slimjet, no effect, however the localization is correct (I think I'll send a mail to FlashPeak).

Location information I entered on Slimjet (not my real location but a nearby city that suffers from the same bug):
Address : Nothing
Number : Nothing
City : [Not available for privacy reasons]
State (USA) : Outside USA
State/Region : [Not available for privacy reasons]
Zip code : [Not available for privacy reasons]
Last edited by Mr_Electro84 on Fri May 05, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Mr_Electro84 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:53 am
It worked, just for a moment, then the browser closes again by clicking on the weather icon, I tried to reinstall Slimjet, no effect, however the localization is correct (I think I'll send a mail to FlashPeak).

Location information I entered on Slimjet (not my real location but a nearby city that suffers from the same bug):
Address : Nothing
Number : Nothing
City : Marseille
State/Region : Bouches-du-Rhône
Zip code : 13000
Try reducing your input to the following:
City : Marseille
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

My Weather icon says: N/A and doesn't do anything.

It's been like that for some time. I just assumed that it was another feature that was no longer supported.

So is there something I should do to get it to work?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I reset mine to slightly different values as I moved to another zip code and city, (about 5 miles distance) and it started working again.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Changing location slightly worked to get the weather icon going again.

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Mr_Electro84 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:18 am
Hello,

I am here to report a bug, the bug is the following:
-For people living outside the USA, and after setting the location, as soon as you click on the weather icon (on the toolbar or on the homepage), the browser closes abruptly.

What is the origin of the problem? Is it possible to fix it?

I thank you in advance if you have answered this message

Mr_Electro84
I think I found the problem, while searching the language files to be able to translate the new functions from English to French, I realized that the variables written in the translated phases (the %s) were not copied in the French version, or were replaced (for a reason which escapes me) by %1

In short, I think I have defined the problem that comes from a translation problem

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Thanks for reporting the issue. I will fix the issues in the language file and update it in the next version.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

flashpeak wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:52 pm
Thanks for reporting the issue. I will fix the issues in the language file and update it in the next version.
By the way, to make it easier for you, I have sent you the "French (France) - français" language file, with the corrected translation taking into account the values (%s), nothing prevents you from checking again to confirm everything, on my side I have already corrected the translations and sent the language file (taking into account the values (%s) included) to your teams.

Thank you for your answer, I wish you a good day