Window resize limited horizontally

Slimjet bug reports
ronmuzzi

Window resize limited horizontally

Post by ronmuzzi »

The browser window does not resize horizontally less than about 1468 pixels on my Windows 10 system (Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB) or less than about 1250 pixels on my Windows 7 system (Windows 7 Pro 2009). It works fine under Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. This is for a 1920 x 1080 monitor, but I get the same values with my laptop Windows 10 monitor which is 1366 x 768. On the laptop when the Slimjet window is maximized it fits on the display, but when not maximized it doesn't fit in the display. This was not occurring in previous versions of Slimjet, though I don't remember how many versions back. I'm running Version 27.0.7.0 (based on Chromium 83.0.4103.61) (Official Build) (64-bit). It can resize to wider sizes and the vertical resize works just fine. Only Slimjet is behaving this way. Other browsers and windows on my system resize just fine. Any ideas?

ronmuzzi

Re: Window resize limited horizontally

Post by ronmuzzi »

Partial Solution: I found that it fails when I have "Show dedicated search box" selected. Perhaps the search box has a minimum required width, and along with the omnibox and other browser icons limits how small the window can be sized horizontally. The omnibox reduces to a very small size, but the search box seems to have a fixed size that can not be reduced. I'd suggest to have the search box reduce the same way the omnibox does.