Streaming services crash

Slimjet bug reports
ericrose

Streaming services crash

Post by ericrose »

I have a PC with Win 10 Home, the latest OS. I updated Slimjet to 28.0.0 and thereafter several streaming services started to crash. e.g. Amazon (primevideo.com). With the earlier Slimjet version, all worked perfectly. I get the text: Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ericrose

Re: Streaming services crash

Post by ericrose »

To add: The problems with this version of Slimjet are even more troubling than I thought. Some pages of the important Finnish newspaper hs.fi are crashing, too. Seems that the developers haven't thought through what they were doing. I sincerely hope that my message will be taken seriously and the browser will be corrected accordingly, and hopefully as soon as possible. This version begins to look almost unusable.

ericrose

Post by ericrose »

So, I have sincerely to ask: Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version of Slimjet without losing any settings, bookmarks, and extensions? I mean, upgrading is easy, and nothing will change therewith; is a similar procedure possible downwards, the browser staying "as it is" without any change?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

ericrose wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:16 am
So, I have sincerely to ask: Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version of Slimjet without losing any settings, bookmarks, and extensions? I mean, upgrading is easy, and nothing will change therewith; is a similar procedure possible downwards, the browser staying "as it is" without any change?
Yes go to the download page and grab the offline installer for 27 then uninstall 28, there is an option to save settings which is already checkmarked. After the uninstall you can install 27 using the offline installer you grabbed.

Also, it is not always possible, from the user perspective, to know if an issue is from the chromium engine that comes from an outside sources as opposed to an issue from the Slimjet wrap around that engine.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ericrose

Post by ericrose »

BTW, this version crashes even NY Times' webpages. Isn't it time to do something?

ericrose

Post by ericrose »

To add, I find it difficult to understand the reference to Chromium; when tested with the Chrome browser, v. 86.0.4240.111, none of the above-mentioned errors appeared. Therefore, I might be allowed to deduce that the crashes are due solely to the new version of Slimjet, and hope thát the errors would be corrected accordingly with the following version.