Any plans to solve the Adobe Acrobat problem in Slimjet 26?

Slimjet bug reports
nima_amin

Any plans to solve the Adobe Acrobat problem in Slimjet 26?

Post by nima_amin »

Obviously nobody has yet noticed that the version 26 of Slimjet contains a printing bug: it is no longer possible to print anything with Adobe Acrobat Standard and PDF Creator (by pdfforge). This worked fine till the final issue of version 25. It seems to be connected with the Google Chrome engine 80, however, in a Google forum where it was reported in February by Chrome users, it was said that the bug has been fixed already by the end of February.

Do you have any plans to fix that?

Passenger

Re: Any plans to solve the Adobe Acrobat problem in Slimjet 26?

Post by Passenger »

nima_amin wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:57 pm
I don't. This is a fanboy site not Slimjet official anything.

However what I use is this:

https://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

Not dependent on any particular browser or other software (other than the OS).

nima_amin

Post by nima_amin »

Coud you please translate what you mean? What on earth is a "fanboy site"? And if this is not "official" Slimjet, then please let me know where to get "official" Slimjet support. Not being able to print anything properly is definitely a huge bug!
Maybe Chrome engine 81 will have a fix for that, till then it's version 23 for me, since 24, 25 and 26 are too buggy.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It's a site for Slimjet fans to exchange helpful information.

So don't bother demanding to speak to a manager around here. :lol:

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Describing the forum as a fanboy site is inappropriate labeling; it is equally possible that a user providing help is female. It also has a certain derogatory, even insulting implication. I would appreciate it if you stopped using it.

This is a User to User help forum created and hosted by the developer of Slimjet to allow Users to help each other. There is no official paid by the hour (or on contract) Slimjet support site and there will not be because this is a free program.

Significant issues can be brought to the developers attention using the Gear Icon > Help > Online Feedback
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

nima_amin wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:57 pm
Obviously nobody has yet noticed that the version 26 of Slimjet contains a printing bug: it is no longer possible to print anything with Adobe Acrobat Standard and PDF Creator (by pdfforge). This worked fine till the final issue of version 25. It seems to be connected with the Google Chrome engine 80, however, in a Google forum where it was reported in February by Chrome users, it was said that the bug has been fixed already by the end of February.

Try this, in Settings under Misc, toggle the setting Print using system dialog to change it to whichever choice your not using now. See if that works around the problem.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

oftentired wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:11 am
Describing the forum as a fanboy site is inappropriate labeling; it is equally possible that a user providing help is female. It also has a certain derogatory implication. I would appreciate it if you stopped using it.
OK I will not use it again, but any derogatoriness attaches to myself as well.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Passenger wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:16 am
oftentired wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:11 am
Describing the forum as a fanboy site is inappropriate labeling; it is equally possible that a user providing help is female. It also has a certain derogatory implication. I would appreciate it if you stopped using it.
OK I will not use it again, but any derogatoriness attaches to myself as well.
Thank you. Your posts have been helpful to many people.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The problem is not just with Adobe Acrobat. I tried Print to PDF using Preview, the PDF reader which comes with MacOS. The page in Preview was blank.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I used dot8 successfully to print a pdf of this topic. It turned out just fine.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11