Close Tab X icon

Slimjet bug reports
KenStratton

Close Tab X icon

Post by KenStratton »

Okay, it's been driving me nuts since version 25.x came out.

Why does the "X" (to close the tab) on only one tab have a dark grey circle around it? The dark grey circle is darker than the grey circle that you get when you hover your mouse over the X and it's there whether I'm hovering over the X or not. It's not all the time, but more often than not and it's only on one tab, no matter how many tabs are open. I wish I could attach a screenshot here, but can't figure out how to do so. Anyone else seeing this?

oftentired

Re: Close Tab X icon

Post by oftentired »

I'll watch for it to happen but so far I've only seen the light grey show up when hovering the mouse over. No idea why your seeing a darker circle.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

KenStratton wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:26 am
Okay, it's been driving me nuts since version 25.x came out.

Why does the "X" (to close the tab) on only one tab have a dark grey circle around it? The dark grey circle is darker than the grey circle that you get when you hover your mouse over the X and it's there whether I'm hovering over the X or not. It's not all the time, but more often than not and it's only on one tab, no matter how many tabs are open. I wish I could attach a screenshot here, but can't figure out how to do so. Anyone else seeing this?
I use a dark theme so I see no circle at all and as for posting a screenshot, just upload the screenshot to Imgur and copy the image link/URL and past it here using the forum tools shown above the typing field that shows "Insert image".
See the example below so that makes more sense (hopefully).

Code: Select all

[img]INSERT URL HERE[/img]

KenStratton

Post by KenStratton »

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

KenStratton wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:14 am
[https://imgur.com/2wWfcKl][/img]
I don't know how you feel about a dark theme but I do not see that circle using (and loving the look of) this theme.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fmbnklhbjd

You can always try it and remove it with a quick and simple click so worth a shot as it will remove the annoying circle and it just looks better overall in my opinion.

KenStratton

Post by KenStratton »

I'm not a fan of dark themes because of a few extensions/toolbar icons that are black and aren't visible with dark themes. By the way... I can't figure out how the thread got renamed "Cost Tab X icon". It was "Close Tab X icon".

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

KenStratton wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:49 am
I'm not a fan of dark themes because of a few extensions/toolbar icons that are black and aren't visible with dark themes. By the way... I can't figure out how the thread got renamed "Cost Tab X icon". It was "Close Tab X icon".
Dark themes aren't for everyone but you could try a different lighter theme and it might help. Plenty of options, surely one would work for you.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/themes

I noticed the title as well and thought it odd but I have no clue why it reads this way.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Tweakerz wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:55 am
KenStratton wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:49 am
Dark themes aren't for everyone but you could try a different lighter theme and it might help. Plenty of options, surely one would work for you.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/themes

I noticed the title as well and thought it odd but I have no clue why it reads this way.
When you posted it was Cost. I'll do a little fixin' on it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11