Suddenly problems trying to "Create Shortcut"

Slimjet bug reports
Kewpycat

Suddenly problems trying to "Create Shortcut"

Post by Kewpycat »

Lately I seem to be having a problem with the "Create Shortcut" function (More tools-Create Shortcut)

The shortcut gets created, but does not work. If I click on it, nothing happens (except for a small spinning circle for a few seconds and disappears)

The reason it doesn't work can be seen in the properties. The "Target" is pointing to "chrome_proxy.exe" as in the following example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet\chrome_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id=okkolgldfknecfjnhhglfopimelbaceh

It should point to Slimjet.exe as in the following example: (from an older, working shortcut)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet\slimjet.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id=bcdaicdlffaahimncapcmjecfmknnnpc

I'm not sure why now the shortcuts are being created with the incorrect path, perhaps I've changed something in Slimjet to cause this? I uninstalled Chrome to see if it helped, but it did not.

I'm on: Version 23.0.5.0 (based on Chromium 74.0.3729.108) (Official Build) (32-bit)

oftentired

Re: Suddenly problems trying to "Create Shortcut"

Post by oftentired »

Confirmed. I don't know of a permanent solution, but one can manually replace Chrome-proxy with Slimjet and correct it that way.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Looks like the problem is not exclusive to Slimjet.

When trying to research chrome_proxy.exe, I found this in a discussion related to the same problem occuring in the Brave browser:

Additional Information:
EASY FIX BELOW!!!
The shortcut is easily fixed by changing the target from chrome_proxy.exe to brave.exe
Meaning that all you’d have to do is either fix chrome_proxy to properly forward the PWA shortcut, or make the shortcut point to brave.exe on creation.

The above was dated April 18; a month later the discussion was closed with no apparent resolution to the issue. (other than the "fix" mentioned by Oftentired and also in the discussion in the Brave browser forum)

LuisLudenas

Post by LuisLudenas »

I need help.
I want to create a shortcut that opens the tab in incognito mode, this is correct, works well:
"D:\PORTABLEAPPS\_Mis Portables+Usados1\Slimjet\slimjet.exe" -incognito

But, i want to create a shortcut that opens the tab in incognito mode and also opens google.com

Thanks for help.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

you should have been able to find it by reviewing the chromium command line switches

"[YOUR PATH TO SLIMJET]\slimjet.exe" -incognito -app-launch-url-for-shortcuts-menu-item www.google.com
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11