Slimjet does not play a variety of videos

Slimjet bug reports
ronwhite

Slimjet does not play a variety of videos

Post by ronwhite »

Attn: Flashpeak Stephen Cheng

I've had this same problem for months now, and I could swear it is getting worse. Basically when I try to play some videos -- it doesn't matter what the source is -- I get this black error message: "This video cannot be played because of a technical error. (Error Code: 100000)" I'm running Windows 10 with Slimjet 20.0.4.0. I've reported this before, and I've never seen even an acknowledgment, much less a solution.

Please understand. There are many features I like about Slimjet, and that comes from someone who used to work for one of your rivals. But this video error message is getting to me. I may have to go to a less feature-rich browser so that my use of Web pages is not constantly interrupted by this message. I get it on no other browser, which leads me to believe their developers figured out how to prevent this error. Surely, you can do the same. Please, do something. Ron White

CrockPot

Re: Slimjet does not play a variety of videos

Post by CrockPot »

ronwhite can you post a link(s) to some of the videos where you see the errors(preferably HTML5,i don't use FLASH on my end).Thanks.

ronwhite

Post by ronwhite »

Hello, CrockPot..
I've collected examples from various sites containing videos that will not display. Is there no way I can attach screenshots of the pages?
Thanks,
Ron

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

ronwhite wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:00 am
Hello, CrockPot..
I've collected examples from various sites containing videos that will not display. Is there no way I can attach screenshots of the pages?
Thanks,
Ron
You would have to upload to a site that will host your image files and then link them as images here.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ronwhite

Post by ronwhite »

I thought the problem with videos not playing on Slimjet had disappeared, but it's back. At least now, in response to your request that I post links to some of the videos that don't play, I can point you to this: any Youtube video, whether on Youtube itself or embedded in some other site. Now, however, I'm not getting the error message I mentioned originally. Now, it will simply not play with no error message. that's it.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I am able to play YT video. Running Slimjet Version 26.0.8.0 on Win 7.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I'm having no trouble on a variety of video sites.

Please link to a video that won't play. Thank you.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

There are several types of videos that Slimjet will not play unless you replace libffmpeg, at least with MacOS anyway. YouTube is not a problem. Some of the videos here, especially the .mp4 videos will not play.
https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-v ... r-av1.webm

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Tried an mp4 at that site, got the soundtrack but not the video.

I'm going to fiddle with it a little bit.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

ronwhite wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:38 pm
I thought the problem with videos not playing on Slimjet had disappeared, but it's back. At least now, in response to your request that I post links to some of the videos that don't play, I can point you to this: any Youtube video, whether on Youtube itself or embedded in some other site. Now, however, I'm not getting the error message I mentioned originally. Now, it will simply not play with no error message. that's it.
Which operating system are you running Ron?

32 Bit SJ on Win 11