[Resolved] Flash crashing frequently

Slimjet bug reports
Browsermaven

[Resolved] Flash crashing frequently

Post by Browsermaven »

Is any developer aware of the poor Adobe Flash/Shockwave performance in this edition of the browser? It's horrible, it hangs and crashes all the time and yes, my Adobe Flash/Shockwave is always kept up to date. I have used Pepperflash and also tried the Adobe Shockwave and neither plug-in is very stable and I can't even use anything but Pepperflash with some web content. Is this issue happening for anyone else? Is there some trick to stop it from misbehaving? It's very frustrating. :cry:

Nordones

Re: Flash crashing frequently

Post by Nordones »

Can you give us a URL where either Flash or PepperFlash fails.

Tks.
-N-

dev

Post by dev »

Yeah after some testing with both pepper and adobe players, there is something wrong I'm getting constant crashing of both plugin's while trying to watch youtube. I've use the latest adobe flash then tried with older versions but still crashes. I've tried disabling adobe and just ran with pepperflash again crashes then I've done the reverse disabled pepperflash and ran with just adode same result crashes. Even ran with both enabled to see if that worked but no. It worked fine in 2.1.1.0 for me but 2.1.3.0 is broken.
Temp fix: Switch browser while watching flash.
Its every and any flash i try to watch as slimjet doesn't support html5 yet.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Browsermaven wrote:Is any developer aware of the poor Adobe Flash/Shockwave performance in this edition of the browser? It's horrible, it hangs and crashes all the time and yes, my Adobe Flash/Shockwave is always kept up to date. I have used Pepperflash and also tried the Adobe Shockwave and neither plug-in is very stable and I can't even use anything but Pepperflash with some web content. Is this issue happening for anyone else? Is there some trick to stop it from misbehaving? It's very frustrating. :cry:
Please provide the version of Slimjet that you have installed and some basic information about your system. This would help remove the needle from the haystack and allow the developers to attempt to reproduce the problem and/or compare it to any other complaints being made about Flash.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

I've copied the contents of my chrome's pepperflash folder (pepflashplayer.dll & manifest.json) into slimjet's pepperflash folder which gives you
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
Version: 16.0.0.235
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
I've disabled adobe flash and enabled the above plugin. Flash at the moment seems to be running ok no more crashes.
Files are usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\(version of chrome)\PepperFlash C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Slimjet\PepperFlash
Delete or move contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Slimjet\PepperFlash and replace them with the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\PepperFlash
type slimjet://plugins. Disable adobe flash (if installed) make sure pepperflash is enabled.
This works for me and i know most of you know how to do this (probably better than me) but not everybody does

Browsermaven

Post by Browsermaven »

dev wrote:I've copied the contents of my chrome's pepperflash folder (pepflashplayer.dll & manifest.json) into slimjet's pepperflash folder which gives you
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
Version: 16.0.0.235
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
I've disabled adobe flash and enabled the above plugin. Flash at the moment seems to be running ok no more crashes.
Files are usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\(version of chrome)\PepperFlash C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Slimjet\PepperFlash
Delete or move contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Slimjet\PepperFlash and replace them with the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\PepperFlash
type slimjet://plugins. Disable adobe flash (if installed) make sure pepperflash is enabled.
This works for me and i know most of you know how to do this (probably better than me) but not everybody does
Okay, I did this and I'll let you know if it fixed the problem. Thank you.