[Fixed] 2.1.0.0: Behavior Change in Favorites?

Slimjet bug reports
jeffhere

[Fixed] 2.1.0.0: Behavior Change in Favorites?

Post by jeffhere »

Upgraded to 2.1.0.0. I noticed if I select a bookmark from a folder in the favs bar, it's opening in the same tab I am on. It should be opening in a new tab. Did I miss something? Will try dropping back to 2.0.0.1 but I recall all bookmarks should open in a new tab since all of a sudden this new behavior made me notice.

If I use the icon for customize and control slimjet, or just a fav selection from a folder from the bookmarks bar, the fav does not go to a new tab, it goes to current tab.

If I use bookmarks manager or sidebar for same favorite, it's ok (goes to new tab).

Something changed, I think - all should go to new tab.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: 2.1.0.0: Behavoir Change in Favorites?

Post by flashpeak »

The behavior is now also controlled by the option "Auto create new tab when a URL is entered" under "Tab options".

jeffhere wrote:Upgraded to 2.1.0.0. I noticed if I select a bookmark from a folder in the favs bar, it's opening in the same tab I am on. It should be opening in a new tab. Did I miss something? Will try dropping back to 2.0.0.1 but I recall all bookmarks should open in a new tab since all of a sudden this new behavior made me notice.

If I use the icon for customize and control slimjet, or just a fav selection from a folder from the bookmarks bar, the fav does not go to a new tab, it goes to current tab.

If I use bookmarks manager or sidebar for same favorite, it's ok (goes to new tab).

Something changed, I think - all should go to new tab.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

flashpeak wrote:The behavior is now also controlled by the option "Auto create new tab when a URL is entered" under "Tab options".
So I have it checked and thought that would create new tabs. When I enter a url in the address bar, it goes to a new tab as it should.

Tested with setting checked and unchecked - no difference. the favs in a folder or subfolder and opening in same tab no matter what.

Change back to 2.0.0.1 and all OK (same setting on "auto-create new tab" set) and all ok.
Capture1.GIF

TheGrumbler

Post by TheGrumbler »

jeffhere wrote:If I use the icon for customize and control slimjet, or just a fav selection from a folder from the bookmarks bar, the fav does not go to a new tab, it goes to current tab.
Yes, this feature is definitely broken in SlimJet 2.1.0.0.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

TheGrumbler wrote:Yes, this feature is definitely broken in SlimJet 2.1.0.0.
Thanks for confirming....back to 2.0.0.1 for now! Fortunately I zip the previous version before updating... ;)

@Flashpeak - please fix!

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

We've fixed it in 2.1.1.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

flashpeak wrote:We've fixed it in 2.1.1.
confirmed working properly in 2.1.1.0

thanks....