Pepflashplayer.dll Error

Slimjet bug reports
Jherara1

Pepflashplayer.dll Error

Post by Jherara1 »

• Operating System - XP
• Version of Slimjet - 10.0.13.0
• What you did prior to the problem happening (if applicable) - I'm not sure what's going on. I think it's related to some sort of attempted Google Update, but I got rid of it and restored the computer back before that appeared on the system and it's still happening... although not as much.
• What you do that causes the problem to happen again (if applicable) - It happens sporadically. Sometimes, it happens if I haven't cleaned the cache and I go to a page with a lot of graphics or there are just a lot of dynamic graphics on a page or even if I'm just shutting down the browser at the end of the day.
• Anything that you did already to try and fix the problem or obtain an answer (if applicable) - See above. I also tried to get rid of pepflashplayer.dll entirely.

I'm using NPAPI that I update via Firefox. I have Pepper Flash disabled in Slimjet. Over the last few weeks, I suddenly lose access to the internet. The router will get knocked off too. I have to unplug and plug it back in every single time to get it working again.

I thought at first it was an update of some sort to the computer or router. That's when I checked the scheduler and found that somehow a Google Update task was placed there even though I had removed all of the updates more than a year ago. I disabled it and then removed it entirely from the list. I don't have any more scheduled tasks. After I did that, I had fewer problems with this PF issue but it still happened. So, I restored to earlier date before the Google Update ever appeared. And it's still happening although less.

Every time I get kicked off, a report box shows up in Slimjet asking if I want to send a report. It says that the problem originates with Slimjet Version 10.0.13.0, Mod Ver 30.0.0.134 Pepflashplayer.dll. So, I was so fed up that I just got rid of the PF file entirely (it's currently in the trash). And that actually seemed to worked for a few days -- although in hindsight it was probably just a coincidence. And it's happening again.

Could this be an incompatibility problem? Could certain websites only allow PF at all or for certain content? I don't really think that's what is happening here, but I thought I would ask. I know that everyone is moving away from XP and Flash. I wish I could afford to do so as well, but it just isn't possible for me yet. Of course, it's not happening all of the time on the same websites. Any ideas? Anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: I found more info b/c it happened again when I cleared the cache:

AppName: slimjet.exe AppVer: 10.0.13.0 ModName: pepflashplayer.dll ModVer: 30.0.0.134 Offset: 000f70ed

There was also a report, but I couldn't copy it.

Also, is there a way to move this post? I didn't realize that I posted in the Known Issues area.

oftentired

Re: Pepflashplayer.dll Error

Post by oftentired »

I moved your post to the Bug forum.

You can navigate to this Online Feedback link and upload the Slimjet dump file after a crash. Doing so would be very helpful for the developer. The file should still be there generated from the last crash.

How to Locate The Crash Dump File
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Not sure if this has any bearing on your problem, but have you updated Slimjet flash to the latest version? Slimjet uses PPAPI, not NPAPI.
Last edited by sleeper10 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jherara1

Post by Jherara1 »

The version that I'm using gives me the option to use one or the other. I have PPAPI disabled on the plugins screen, and I haven't updated to any newer version of Slimjet that forces PPAPI. I also haven't allowed any new updates to the version of Slimjet that I have and checked after the Google incident that nothing updated in the Slimjet folder.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Ok, your version is obviously different than mine. You say you update NPAPI via Firefox. Just wonder if you need to update it via Slimjet too? You would know better than I. :)

Jherara1

Post by Jherara1 »

It's okay. The NPAPI version updates automatically in Slimjet after I update in Firefox.

khushbukashyap

Post by khushbukashyap »

If the dll file is not found then easily download Pepflashplayer.dll file and after that your problem will be definitely solved.
Last edited by khushbukashyap on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jherara1

Post by Jherara1 »

The file was there, but it was causing the problem. I tried deleting it and turning off Google updates, but that didn't work. So, I just decided to rename it by adding "blah" and "meh" to the names of any files that had the pepflashplayer.dll name (there were several) -- I couldn't think of any other way to stop the disruptions since I don't use Pepper Flash and the file was causing so many problems.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Jherara1 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:47 am
The file was there, but it was causing the problem. I tried deleting it and turning off Google updates, but that didn't work. So, I just decided to rename it by adding "blah" and "meh" to the names of any files that had the pepflashplayer.dll name (there were several) -- I couldn't think of any other way to stop the disruptions since I don't use Pepper Flash and the file was causing so many problems.
when privileges have permitted, for other situations, I've used text files naming them exactly the same and then copied them over the offending file
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11