flashpeak wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 pm
A more aggressive thing to try is to rename the entire application data folder %AppData%\..\local\slimjet to %AppData%\..\local\slimjet.bak and then let Slimjet start completely fresh and See if that solves the problem. You can always rename it back to get back to your original data or sign into your Google account to sync the data back.
I decided to do that and it worked.
So now I had a folder with a working and a not working flash.
By copy and trial I finally figured out the culprit is %AppData%\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default\Preferences
When you delete this file, it works again and as far as I can see, you don't loose much; my extensions, bookmarks and stored passwords were still there.
EDIT: This reminded me of my monologue
where this file was also the culprit