[Resolved] Upload from Clipboard button

Slimjet bug reports
pjpw2320

[Resolved] Upload from Clipboard button

Post by pjpw2320 »

I have an issue which I initially inquired about here ... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=183

I was advised to post it it here in Bugs.

The issue is to do with the "upload from clipboard" button which appears at the bottom of the file open dialog when I go to upload an image that I have snapped to the clipboard. The link above fully explains the issue and has an attachment of my file open dialog. There are two issues:

1. I run a clipboard utility, Ditto, which allows me to keep multiple clips. With that running I do not see the "upload from clipboard" button at all. With it disabled I see the button but this then leads to the second issue.

2. The second issue is that the leading and trailing characters of the text that displays in the button are missing. Functionality does not appear to be affected though. I normally have my screen zoom set to 125% by default but even when I set this back to 100% the same issue was present.
Peter Wills

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Upload from Clipboard button

Post by flashpeak »

I will adjust the size of the button to avoid clipping in the next version. However, I've installed the ditto thing as well but it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the Upload clipboard image function. Are you running windows 7 or 8?
pjpw2320 wrote:I have an issue which I initially inquired about here ... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=183

The issue is to do with the "upload from clipboard" button which appears at the bottom of the file open dialog when I go to upload an image that I have snapped to the clipboard. The link above fully explains the issue and has an attachment of my file open dialog. There are two issues:

1. I run a clipboard utility, Ditto, which allows me to keep multiple clips. With that running I do not see the "upload from clipboard" button at all. With it disabled I see the button but this then leads to the second issue.

2. The second issue is that the leading and trailing characters of the text that displays in the button are missing. Functionality does not appear to be affected though. I normally have my screen zoom set to 125% by default but even when I set this back to 100% the same issue was present.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

flashpeak wrote:I will adjust the size of the button to avoid clipping in the next version. However, I've installed the ditto thing as well but it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the Upload clipboard image function. Are you running windows 7 or 8?
pjpw2320 wrote:I have an issue which I initially inquired about here ... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=183

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with 4 GB ram.

Thanks for your prompt response and interest in my particular issue.
Peter Wills

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

flashpeak wrote:I will adjust the size of the button to avoid clipping in the next version. However, I've installed the ditto thing as well but it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the Upload clipboard image function. Are you running windows 7 or 8?

Maybe it depends on how many clips Ditto has saved? I usually accumulate several hundred before I clear it out or it clears itself based on the settings.
Peter Wills