Startup Errors???

Slimjet bug reports
Shibetarian

Startup Errors???

Post by Shibetarian »

Been having this issue seemingly out of nowhere for the past month now, updating Slimjet hasn't fixed it. Upon starting up Slimjet it crashes and just shows the Slimjet default homepage with all my recently visited sites rather than the webpage I set. Whats the issue here? I use Slimjet 64-bit On Windows 7 Professional (64-bit too.) It mostly happens after a PC reboot or when I haven't used my browser in a while and I come back to it. Any ideas?

sleeper10

Re: Startup Errors???

Post by sleeper10 »

Check the url of the webpage you set, might have changed or maybe you entered it wrong. Sounds like Slimjet isn't crashing, just can't reach the webpage you set for some reason.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I don't think this it the problem, but it cannot hurt.
A browser will check the cache first for webpage data. Maybe there is bad data there. Complete clean out your cache.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

Same here with Windows 7 and Slimjet x64.

Version 18 and 19 often crashes when slimjet is closed while a video is running. At the next start it shows the "new tab" instead the start site (mine is set to "about:blank").

slimjet_crash.jpg

It doesn't occur when "cached images and files" and "cookies and other site data" are not set to clear automatically at exit. But this is not an option for me.

Edit: Tested some older portable versions:
https://www.slimjet.com/release/archive/
The latest version without this crash problem is 17.0.9.0 but this version is vulnerable to spectre 2.
Last edited by temp_account on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 x64, latest Slimjet x64, "strict site isolation" flag is enabled

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

From the created Slimjet debug.log:

[0610/112638.082:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(242)] ReadMemory at 0x11e1a280 of 512 bytes failed: "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed". (0x12B)

[0610/112638.084:ERROR:crash_report_exception_handler.cc(139)] WriteEverything failed

Edit: A workaround is to disable all "clear at exit" settings, installing the addon "Click&Clean" and set its option "delete private data when chrome ckoses".

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

Same with 19.0.5

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

Same with 19.0.6! :evil: