Screen Recorder not working on dual-monitor

Slimjet bug reports
RaymondO

Screen Recorder not working on dual-monitor

Post by RaymondO »

I have a dual-monitor setup.

Some time ago, I paid to have the fully functional Screen Recorder feature activated. One problem I've had since I did this is that I can't start recording from a window that resides on the second monitor. Whenever I tried, nothing would happen. The little window that normally pops up to choose your record settings would not appear. I would have to start it on the main monitor first, and then drag it over to the second after recording began. That was a workaround I could live with, so I just let it slide.

I just discovered this morning that the workaround no longer functions after I updated to version Version 16.0.2.0 the day before. Now, when I attempt it, the settings window comes up as normal when I start recording from my main monitor and appears to be working after I drag the window over two my second one, but after I click STOP, I find out no recording was made. I thought the output may have been saved in some other directory besides my default. I searched my whole system but could find no new recordings. I tried clicking the PLAY button that appears after clicking STOP and it gives me a File Not Found error.

So I checked for updates, found and installed Version 16.0.3.0

I tried a full range of testing and the problem still persists.