Tampermonkey and Slimjet issue

Slimjet bug reports
thinkpad

Tampermonkey and Slimjet issue

Post by thinkpad »

Can't access options menu in version 4.4 of Tampermonkey on Slimjet 14.0.16.0. After the extension updated to 4.4 i couldn't access the options menu anymore. I had to revert to 4.3.6 but that version keeps auto-updating to 4.4 after a while and I'm back to square one. The Dev for Tampermonkey was able to reproduce this bug with Slimjet and came to the conclusion that it is something with Slimjet bugging it. Here is the post I made over at the Tampermonkey forums - https://forum.tampermonkey.net/viewtopi ... =17&t=2264

I hope you can figure out what is causing this and let the Dev know so he can fix it.

Thank you very much

Anjo1077

Re: Tampermonkey and Slimjet issue

Post by Anjo1077 »

Same here version 15.1.4.0
Any fix?

dev

Post by dev »

yes this is really annoying, in fact to the point i have to use another browser now till it gets sorted. Tampermonkey and the userscripts it uses for me makes a browser do what i want it to do like skip adfly , mouseover zoom etc etc .
Its not just tampermonkey tho that is broke i've noticed ublock does the same thing when i try to access it's options ..a tab opens with a blank page causing slimjet to lock up (have to exit using task manager ) I have tried all solutions that are normally done but to no avail i did manage to run a legacy tampermonkey 4.3 for a period but it auto updates (wished the author of t monkey put in a option so folk could turn auto update off)

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dev wrote:(wished the author of t monkey put in a option so folk could turn auto update off)
block it from accessing the internet
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

oftentired wrote:
dev wrote:(wished the author of t monkey put in a option so folk could turn auto update off)
block it from accessing the internet
tried it m8 by changing update url in the manifest json-file to localhost but still updates , i'll try making it read only in properties ...still not the solution tho only a temp one and still happening to other apps with their option tab :)

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I saw this behavior also. Slimjet has been removed once again. Opera is working great. I was alternating between the two. Opera it is.

thinkpad

Post by thinkpad »

Any word on a fix?

thinkpad

Post by thinkpad »

SO, when are you gonna fix this issue?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I'm using violentmonkey
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

working in the latest slimjet release......b.t.w the way to stop extensions updating is to modify its folder permissions , so you need to find the i,d of the extension , tampermonkey is dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo , they are in user data , default, extensions , right click on folder , properties, security , to change permissions click Edit , make sure you are on the administrators (highlight it) then tick the box in the deny section on write and modify then apply