video youtube

Slimjet bug reports
jeanjacques

video youtube

Post by jeanjacques »

Hello,
There is a video problem with Slimjet 14. On Youtube you see a few times:
"Your browser does not recognize any of the available video formats.
Click here to see our HTML5 faq."
I do not have this problem with MxNitro!

ronwhite

Re: video youtube

Post by ronwhite »

I, too, would like a solution to this.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Can you provide a link to a YouTube video that gives you this message ? YouTube works fine here for me.

The_Fred

Post by The_Fred »

I have a similar problem since loading Slimjet 14.0.15.0 64-bit most videos will not play. Works fine in:
Chromium 58.0.3029.110 and
Chrome 59.0.3071.115 and
Vivaldi 1.10.867.42. and
Firefox 54.0 (64-bit)

Example is attached.
Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.1.

The_Fred

Post by The_Fred »

Further to my previous post, here's Youtube's FAQ showing H264 and WebM VP8 with problems

Walker1945

Post by Walker1945 »

Same problem.

Upgraded to Slimjet ver 14.0.16.0 64-bit several days ago (including the libffmpeg.so thing). Slimjet was playing youtube videos last night but, as of this AM, I now get ""Your browser does not recognize...".

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Try the Beta 15 release
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

The_Fred

Post by The_Fred »

Downloaded and installed Beta 15. Youtube seems to work OK now, but FoxNewsGo does not work at all.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Can't win for losing. I've read somewhere (not on this forum) that this is an issue with, I think I'm remembering this right, the Widevine decoder. Different problems for different browser engines because they have their own version of the Widevine written for that browser engine. So some will work for one thing and note another and vice versa.

Possibly the only solution at this point is to install a couple different browsers until you find the one that plays the content for you. Very annoying this is especially since after a few updates it may no longer play that content.

I'm sticking with Slimjet as my primary browser but I have a few others installed which I'll run as needed.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

The_Fred

Post by The_Fred »

OK, I understand. Personally I have Slimjet, Vivaldi, Chrome, Chromium and Firefox. I'm used to trying different browsers if one doesn't work for a particular task. At the moment I've switched over to Vivaldi as default since it does both Foxnewsgo and Youtube (and all other video I've tried). Vivaldi has lots more options but Slimjet is faster which is why I've preferred it up to now.

And as to the Aluminum Foil hats, I've found the best voice blocker is my Korean era Army Steel Pot helmet