Libnss in 13.0.9.0 under Linux...

Slimjet bug reports
MiqW7394

Libnss in 13.0.9.0 under Linux...

Post by MiqW7394 »

Afternoon, all.

Myself and a colleague have been re-packaging SlimJet for the Puppy Linux community for quite a while now. He takes care of the 32-bit versions, and I look after the 64-bit builds.

Just wanted to say that with the addition of the WideVine modules, SlimJet is at long last the perfect Chrome replacement for me on 32-bit; nice one! However, a small problem has reared its head with the newest 64-bit build, which I felt you ought to know about.

I always start new builds from the terminal, specifically to see if there's any issues. With 13.0.9.0, I got 'symbol lookup error' for both libnss3.so and libnssutil3.so, in the /slimjet/lib directory. Never seen that before. Thought I'd got a bad d/l, so re-did it, and swapped those libs over; no soap. Problem still there.

I've discovered that the easiest fix is to simply remove that pair of libs, and allow 'Slimmie' to search for, and make use of the system versions instead.....which appears to solve the problem. Just wanted to report this, so's everyone is aware of it.

Interestingly, my colleague didn't get the problem with the 32-bit version.....

Cheers!

Mike. ;)
Last edited by oftentired on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 60 day sticky