Slimjet Hardware acceleration issue.

Slimjet bug reports
highlyfictional

Slimjet Hardware acceleration issue.

Post by highlyfictional »

Hello I am having an issue with slimjet browser that has caused me to stop using the browser entirely. The issue seems to be related to hardware acceleration when ever it is checked in the settings the browser texts goes blurry and the titlebar turns completely black. This has only happened in the updates since "Version 12.0.15.0 (based on Chromium 53.0.2785.89 (64-bit))" as I have both the 32 bit version ( which is the one that isn't working ) and the 64 bit version that I have left at Version 12.0.15.0.

This does not happen in my 64 bit version browser which leads me to believe something since that update has glitched my browser. I've had this issue since fresh installing windows 10 I did not install over my old windows 8.1 this is a completely new and clean install and was working fine on my previous windows 8.1 install.

I have tried completely uninstalling by running the uninstaller and completely deleting the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet folder and the C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Slimjet folder along with any "Profile" my Nvidia graphics card has created for the program in the "Nvidia Control Panel" which I assume is the most thorough way to uninstall the browser then reinstalling only to find that the issue returns.

I'd also like to add that this is not happening in any other chromium based browser or program that I have. Linked here are two screenshots from the 32 bit version which is glitched and the out dated 64 bit version which is working fine.

http://imgur.com/a/tZ1DU

*Edit* I forgot to add my system specs.

Intel core i7 950 3.07GHz, 12GB of DDR3 ram and a Nvidia GTX 970.

RBTB2605

Re: Slimjet Hardware acceleration issue.

Post by RBTB2605 »

I decided long ago that I no longer had the time to fight with Slimjet to get it to work for me and although the developer's intentions are good, I am afraid that trying to keep their special features working along with newer Chromium code is a task that is quite difficult for them to do. So it is the latest Chrome 64 bit and Opera 64 bit releases for me and everything works great. I am getting too old to keep on trying to get things to work in what are supposed to be stable released versions of Slimjet.

highlyfictional

Well I don't know what issues you have but I still feel there is something simple I am missing with my issue. Perhaps something I have to toggle or some setting I'm missing. I also tried messing with compatibility mode and it didn't help.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

What happens when hardware acc is not turned on?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

highlyfictional

When hardware acceleration is checked off it works fine aside from the large toolbar at the top as you can see from the comparison screenshots which I don't consider an issue that stops me from using the browser but just a minor inconvenience.

However I do not consider this a fix. This is a work around and does not solve the underlining issue that causes slimjet to glitch when every other browser does not do the same when they have hardware acceleration turned on. Which leads me to believe it isn't an issue with hardware just some setting or something on slimjets side. I would also like to add that I do not have windows set to High DPI.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I'm not sure how much you want to do here. But, the next thing I would do is toggle the system video hardware acceleration and see what affect that has on the browser with hardware acc off and then on.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

highlyfictional

System video hardware acceleration? Can you explain how to do that?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

highlyfictional wrote:System video hardware acceleration? Can you explain how to do that?
Your GPU acceleration can be found in either your NVidia control panel (PhysX settings) or Catalyst control panel for ATI cards. Note that the slider for the amount applied is the performance/quality slider (in NVidia)

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

highlyfictional

It didn't have any effect.