v13 so far, Material Design UI is not shown/does not work

Slimjet bug reports
rprprprpx

v13 so far, Material Design UI is not shown/does not work

Post by rprprprpx »

v13.0.6.0

Material Design does not work. (It has not worked since v13 came out. It worked in v12.)

I'm referring to Material Design in the UI of the browser itself. It is as though the Material Design settings are being ignored in favor of SlimJet's own UI look and behavior.

I continue to revert back to v12 as a work-around.

Thank you.

oftentired

Re: v13 so far, Material Design UI is not shown/does not wor

Post by oftentired »

I'm not sure what your looking at when you say it does not work.

If I put chrome://md-settings in the address bar it takes me to the settings for MD and all the settings I have customized are implemented.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

same here the ui is broken small text in url , extension icons way to small etc etc , google have changed it you can no longer use that flag and slimjet devs haven't put it right , numerous threads on the board about it and on their fb page but per usual no feedback

robbinsd

Post by robbinsd »

Apparently, the removal of Material Design elements is intentional.

From the Slimjet Facebook page on January 17:
Slimjet 13 Beta based on Chromium 55 is now available to download. We spent a little extra time undoing the ugly material UI imposed on Chromium 55. There are a lot of security patches inherited from Chromium 55. The history page has a new look. Other than that, it doesn't look much different from Slimjet 12.
I, too miss some of the Material Design elements and dislike the imposed settings. As in before version 13, let us make the decision and honor all the settings flags. Please.

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

robbinsd wrote:Apparently, the removal of Material Design elements is intentional.

From the Slimjet Facebook page on January 17:
Slimjet 13 Beta based on Chromium 55 is now available to download. We spent a little extra time undoing the ugly material UI imposed on Chromium 55. There are a lot of security patches inherited from Chromium 55. The history page has a new look. Other than that, it doesn't look much different from Slimjet 12.
I, too miss some of the Material Design elements and dislike the imposed settings. As in before version 13, let us make the decision and honor all the settings flags. Please.

Sooo Slimjet devs think Material UI is ugly. I guess they haven't seen their own UI lol....

Perhaps I should just go with Torch and be done with it....