Post by Lowestoft »

Hi!
What about the dedicated search box?
Disappeared in v. 13.0.5.0!

Best regards.

oftentired

Re: Dedicated Search Box

Post by oftentired »

You may need to go into settings under Omnibox and tick the box next to dedicated search box; probably ended up back to default (no dedicated search box) with the 13.05 release.

At first I'm thinking this is not a bug. However, when I tic the dedicated search box I cannot see a search box but my icons move over for it. Restarting Slimjet has no salutary effect on this.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

BudChekov

Post by BudChekov »

Yep gone here too on Win7. Default Theme, all Extensions disabled.
With buttons on the right, checking 'show dedicated search bar' leaves a long blank space to the right of the navbar, left of the buttons.
Move the buttons to the left, the space is left of the navbar.
Hope this isn't intentional as no search bar's a deal breaker for me.
Fingers crossed :)
@By blank space I mean the area is the width I had the searchbar set to and it's the toolbar's color.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Until this is corrected you can work-a-round the issue by un-ticking the "show dedicated search box" in settings and use the omnibox address bar which acts in the same fashion as the dedicated search box when you type in search words. The search engine can be selected using the menu in settings or if enabled there is a drop down menu to select search engines that appears on the right side of the address bar.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Lowestoft

Post by Lowestoft »

Thank you for your reactivity!

BudChekov

Post by BudChekov »

oftentired wrote:Until this is corrected you can work-a-round the issue by un-ticking the "show dedicated search box" in settings and use the omnibox address bar which acts in the same fashion as the dedicated search box when you type in search words. The search engine can be selected using the menu in settings or if enabled there is a drop down menu to select search engines that appears on the right side of the address bar.
Thanks for clarifying ot, WFM til fixed.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Slimjet 13.0.6.0 released 3/1/17

Fix bug about dedicated search box.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

BudChekov

Post by BudChekov »

oftentired wrote:Fix bug about dedicated search box.

Nice one mate!
Al better, thanks. :D

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

BudChekov wrote:
oftentired wrote:Fix bug about dedicated search box.

Nice one mate!
Al better, thanks. :D
Applause goes to Stephen and any other developers on the team. I'm a volunteer forum moderator.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11