[Fixed] Slimjet Crashes When Notif Bar Options Clicked

Slimjet bug reports
jeffhere

[Fixed] Slimjet Crashes When Notif Bar Options Clicked

Post by jeffhere »

As we saw, there was an update for 1.2.7 (last night). When my browser notified me (using the yellow banner, not the small balloon), 2 things happen, both not good.

1. The yellow banner is partly hiding BEHIND the webpage that loaded. That small flash is part of a customized page from my.myway.com It obscures the choices or ability to update! Can that notification bar behavior be such that it is always on top?

2. Just for curiosity, I clicked the drop down update checking options (I think it says that!) and when clicking, Slimjet crashes every time.
Capture.GIF
Can anyone confirm (that may or may not have the same kind of issue with the notification bar being obscured) if clicking the drop-down crashes the browser?
Last edited by jeffhere on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

dev

Re: Possible Bug, Needs Verifying

Post by dev »

Had to go back to 126 to check but confirmed, I wouldn't have noticed this as i tend use http://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php for updates because i have slimjet update settings set to never mainly so i know that its me that's doing the update so if there is any bugs i know its the update.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Thanks for verifying it though. Both issues (partially blocked and crashes)?

Normally I don't click the drop down, but since I could not see the update button, as it was hidden, I just tried for curiosity. Normally I just go to the product website but this at least tells me there is an update!

dev

Post by dev »

jeffhere wrote:Thanks for verifying it though. Both issues (partially blocked and crashes)?

Normally I don't click the drop down, but since I could not see the update button, as it was hidden, I just tried for curiosity. Normally I just go to the product website but this at least tells me there is an update!
The crashes, Soz should have mentioned that.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

The crash will be fixed in the next update.
The partial block thing is probably caused by some racing condition. I can't reproduce it at the moment. But I will keep checking.
jeffhere wrote:As we saw, there was an update for 1.2.7 (last night). When my browser notified me (using the yellow banner, not the small balloon), 2 things happen, both not good.

1. The yellow banner is partly hiding BEHIND the webpage that loaded. That small flash is part of a customized page from my.myway.com It obscures the choices or ability to update! Can that notification bar behavior be such that it is always on top?

2. Just for curiosity, I clicked the drop down update checking options (I think it says that!) and when clicking, Slimjet crashes every time.
Capture.GIF
Can anyone confirm (that may or may not have the same kind of issue with the notification bar being obscured) if clicking the drop-down crashes the browser?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

flashpeak wrote:The crash will be fixed in the next update.
The partial block thing is probably caused by some racing condition. I can't reproduce it at the moment. But I will keep checking.
Does the notification bar already have an "Always on top" status? If not, maybe that resolves it.

That "Jeff's Page" is just a flash thing. I'll see if I can remove it, but its ok to find these small things! I was able to change it to a picture (unfortunately, no customizing but ok). If you find something or want to try something relating to the "partially hidden notification bar" and have me test, let me know....

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

flashpeak wrote:The crash will be fixed in the next update.
Installed 1.2.8 and realized will have to wait for 1.2.9 to verify its fixed! ;)

jeffhere

Re: Verified Bug, Slimjet Crashes When Notif Bar Options Cli

Post by jeffhere »

resolved!