Inactive window status of slimjet after open/close tabs

Slimjet bug reports
oftentired

Re: Inactive window status of slimjet after open/close tabs

Post by oftentired »

yozz1984 wrote:Hi... i have problem with slimjet in v11.0.5.0 and v11.0.6.0

When i open few Tabs, next close one of them, rest of the tabs/window is deactive, i can scroll by mouse a page but 'ctrl+w' is not working to close next tab. I must first click LPM on the Tab to activate them, and close what i want.

In version v11.0.2.0 everything was ok.

could You help with this issue?
There are a few things I beg to clarify by this:

1. Ctrl+w is the command to control the currently active tab, it is beyond my comprehension how it can be used to "close next tab"
2. What exactly does LPM stand for?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

yozz1984

Post by yozz1984 »

Sorry, my mistake... I wrote it a little to fast from my mide and didnt check as i should.

so...

1. "Ctrl+w is the command to control the currently active tab" Yes, thats right...

What i mean is: you have two open Tabs. First is active. You use Ctrl+w to close it.
After this, second Tab should be now active after closing first, yes?
But its not... it is inactive and thats the problem, so i cant use command ctrl + w because its not working.

2. My mistake.. it shoud be LMB (Left Mouse Button). "LPM" is in other Language ;)

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

yozz1984 wrote:Sorry, my mistake... I wrote it a little to fast from my mide and didnt check as i should.

so...

1. "Ctrl+w is the command to control the currently active tab" Yes, thats right...

What i mean is: you have two open Tabs. First is active. You use Ctrl+w to close it.
After this, second Tab should be now active after closing first, yes?
But its not... it is inactive and thats the problem, so i cant use command ctrl + w because its not working.

2. My mistake.. it shoud be LMB (Left Mouse Button). "LPM" is in other Language ;)
Thank you :)

As a work-a-round, don't bother with Ctrl+w at all. I suggest, starting with the tab on the left, use the mouse to double-click the tab which will also close it, then the next tab to be closed should come under the mouse icon and you can double click again to close that one, etc... until you have close them all.

Another work-a-round choice is to use the right click mouse button menu on any tab and select close all tabs to the right or close all other tabs or close all tabs or close tabs from this domain; whichever suits your needs.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

yozz1984

Post by yozz1984 »

Sorry but I dont want to work-a-round this. I like keyboard shourtcuts and its fast for me to use them.
Something went wrong after update Slimjet and I would like to solve this problem because i use slimjet at work, and at home to.
It also cause other problem for me, like for example when i write something in adress bar to search in google, window is inactive after close previous one, so i must first activate the tab, click LMB to adress bar and then write and search...

roland toth

Post by roland toth »

I agree - this issue is so annoying that I won't update until it's fixed. If it takes too much time I have to look for an alternative (Vivaldi maybe).

I check for new version daily and I'm disappointed because the changelog contains items that have far less importance as this one.

yozz1984

Post by yozz1984 »

roland toth wrote:I check for new version daily and I'm disappointed because the changelog contains items that have far less importance as this one.
I agree with You :(

I use Slimjet only because:
1/ it has Bookmark side panel on the left, like a few years ago has Opera 10/11 (its simple, clean, slim & compact, small font)
2/ Build on Chrome/Chromium etc. with extensions
3/ fast sync pref and bookmarks on home and work computers

Only one thing i miss from Opera 12.... - after click LMB on the left side of boomark side panel, this panel hides and left onlu thin clicable bar...

So work-a-round is not an answer for me right now...

dev

Post by dev »

any of you tried messing with the unload idle tabs in settings ?

yozz1984

Post by yozz1984 »

No, i didnt change anything since version 10 or even 9...
This issue came out after update i mentioned in first post.

pr.wojtas

Post by pr.wojtas »

Same here.
I've done factory reset, but nothing changes.
Also i've done new, clean installation, without logging into my account (so there is no settings synchronization).
I've done research with chrome://flags (also in regular settings) - i didn't found anything.
I had to switch my browser, because i can't work like this. It's a big bug, but i have that feeling, that developers doesn't cares about (cuz there is not a lot reports about). Sad.

acepuser

Post by acepuser »

i switched to "Show bookmarks bar: Visible on New Tab page only" and it helped me