Cannot sign in with google account in slimjet

Slimjet bug reports
dev

Cannot sign in with google account in slimjet

Post by dev »

I click the sign button in settings but nothing happens, i think it has been reported before but still no fix and it's a a bit of a bug bear as i like to backup across browsers with google sync

oftentired

Re: Cannot sign in with google account in slimjet

Post by oftentired »

This might be what you remember. Not exactly the same tho.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1092
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

oftentired wrote:This might be what you remember. Not exactly the same tho.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1092
No that's a different one :roll: ...its these ones but the user asked halfway through a thread so maybe not seen.... this one viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1033 with a copy and paste from it below

One more odd observation....when I went to Settings and clicked the button to "Sign into Slimjet" nothing happens...it just sits there..I never had that problem signing into Chrome, and I can still sign into Chrome...so something's not quite right with these options....passwords not imported and can't sign into Slimjet...

So far everything else mimics Chrome and I'm happy with Slimjet...
cwm4bama

Re: Imports from Chrome
Postby oftentired » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:11 pm

I don't know for certain as I have not tested it. But I suggest you do not change the quickfill selection unless you want to take the chance that you would lose your passwords.

So apparently the first install selection to import passwords does change the default setting if you select import passwords. In which case it appears there is an issue with the import process. As the passwords are brought in using google sync I'm wondering if it is related to signing in.
oftentired

Postby cwm4bama » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:19 am

oftentired wrote:
I don't know for certain as I have not tested it. But I suggest you do not change the quickfill selection unless you want to take the chance that you would lose your passwords.

So apparently the first install selection to import passwords does change the default setting if you select import passwords. In which case it appears there is an issue with the import process. As the passwords are brought in using google sync I'm wondering if it is related to signing in.

That's what makes sense to me...even now when I click on "Sign in to Slimjet" it does nothing....no attempt to sign in..it's like I clicked a blank space... :roll:
cwm4bama

Postby oftentired » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:20 am

Go into Settings and click the button Disconnect your Google Account.
After restarting the browser reconnect to your google account
oftentired

Postby cwm4bama » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:50 am

oftentired wrote:
Go into Settings and click the button Disconnect your Google Account.
After restarting the browser reconnect to your google account

There is no disconnect button in the Slimjet settings, just the Connect button. I closed Slimjet, opened Chrome and disconnected my account, closed Chrome, reopened Slimjet and same results...clicking the "Connect" button does nothing... :roll:
cwm4bama

Postby dev » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:40 pm

yes this is a bug i reckon as i have tried to clicking sign in all that happens i get a sign in to slimjet box underneath which if i click that i get nothing happen , never use to do that it use to redirect the google sign in page ???

sjfandan

Post by sjfandan »

I'm also having the same problem with SJ. Clicking the sign in to Slimjet button does nothing, even in the latest version of SJ, 11.04.0. I have found that this is not a problem in the portable version of SJ. Clicking the button opens up the dialog box to sign in with your Google account. So, SJ developers, this needs to be fixed in the "regular" version of SJ.

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

I reported this a long time ago and like you said, the latest version still does not work...maybe they will fix this some day... :evil:

sjfandan

Post by sjfandan »

I was able to resolve this problem by completely uninstalling SJ and selecting the option to delete user data and settings during the uninstall. When I reinstalled SJ, voila, the signin to Slimjet button using my Google account worked once again! May or may not work for you, but it's certainly worth a try. The nice thing about using your Google account is that it automatically downloads all your extentions, bookmarks, etc. so you're back up and running again in a short amount of time after uninstalling and reinstalling SJ.

dev

Post by dev »

sjfandan wrote:I was able to resolve this problem by completely uninstalling SJ and selecting the option to delete user data and settings during the uninstall. When I reinstalled SJ, voila, the signin to Slimjet button using my Google account worked once again! May or may not work for you, but it's certainly worth a try. The nice thing about using your Google account is that it automatically downloads all your extentions, bookmarks, etc. so you're back up and running again in a short amount of time after uninstalling and reinstalling SJ.
Problem is....We need to be able to sign in in the first place to back up :D

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Darn it. Now i have this issue on a fresh install of Slimjet. The button does nothing when I click on it. I will try the uninstall method and see if that does anything.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

OK...did the uninstall as recommended and after installing again, I was able to log in.

banans345

Post by banans345 »

Enable "show user switch button" and try to login that way.