Screen Selection Capture is bugged

Slimjet bug reports
RaymondO

Screen Selection Capture is bugged

Post by RaymondO »

Been meaning to report this one for quite some time, but keep forgetting.

Whenever you select "Capture Screenshot of selected area" from the menu, the content of the page you are looking at instantly doubles in size without expanding the window size for some reason. I have the page zoom set at 100%, so that's not a contributing factor.

If the area you want to capture includes anything on the right or bottom sides of the page, you're out of luck because you can't reach them.

It doesn't matter if you have the browser maximized or set to some shape that suits you at the moment. The right and bottom portions of what you were looking at are out of reach.

Love the product, and any chance to make it better.

Jetsamano

Re: Screen Selection Capture is bugged

Post by Jetsamano »

Mine seems to work perfectly.
Version 18.0.1.0 (based on Chromium 64.0.3282.119) (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

No problem for me either on latest Slimjet & Linux Mint 18.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Did you try it in incognito mode? It it works fine there, you might have an extension or something else interfering.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

RaymondO wrote:Been meaning to report this one for quite some time, but keep forgetting.

Whenever you select "Capture Screenshot of selected area" from the menu, the content of the page you are looking at instantly doubles in size without expanding the window size for some reason. I have the page zoom set at 100%, so that's not a contributing factor.

If the area you want to capture includes anything on the right or bottom sides of the page, you're out of luck because you can't reach them.

It doesn't matter if you have the browser maximized or set to some shape that suits you at the moment. The right and bottom portions of what you were looking at are out of reach.

Love the product, and any chance to make it better.
Raymond, you should provide more information.
• Operating System
• Version of Slimjet

And, it may be caused locally. Try to reproduce the problem in incognito mode to eliminate extension(s) as an causative factor.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11