Search term being erased from search box

Slimjet bug reports
guyinsuffolk

Search term being erased from search box

Post by guyinsuffolk »

Hi.

I find it handy to have the dedicated search box at the top right in Slimjet. If, say, my search string is 'gold bracelet emerald', I can type it into the search box and get a page of results. If I then want to modify my search term, I can change what's in the search box to, say, 'gold bracelet diamond' and, after opening a new tab, bring up another page of results. I can then keep on doing so, meaning that I'll end up with lots of different pages of search results, all from slightly different search terms, in separate tabs.

The foregoing assumes that what is typed into the search box remains unchanged until I modify it. (Some of my search strings can include perhaps a dozen different terms, so that's quite a lot of typing!). However now, with the latest version of Slimjet, as soon as I click the search button, what I've typed is (oddly!) replaced with the URL of the adjacent tab, meaning that I've got to type out my search string all over again. This means that the one big advantage of using the search box (rather than the omnibox) has been wiped out!

I hope that someone can fix the problem, so that what's in the search box always remains there.

Chris

MikeyNYC

Re: Search term being erased from search box

Post by MikeyNYC »

I'm having the exact same issue. The problem began when I upgraded to v. 39, so I reverted back to v.38 in hopes that the issue will be resolved.