Reddit no longer loads after update other than in Icognito mode

Slimjet bug reports
pooohbaah

Re: Reddit no longer loads after update other than in Icognito mode

Post by pooohbaah »

I'm seeing the same problem. Initially it was only on my tablet running slimjet, then I just updated my desktop slimjet today and now I get the exact same thing on my desktop. Clearing cookies works, for a bit (once?), then it goes back to no images and perma-loading.

Clearing all cache and cookies, uninstalling slimjet, nuking anything on Windows related to it, then reinstalling 36.05 seems to work.

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

same issue here. if clearing cookies, it works, then after the next page load it stops working again. no problems in incognito mode or firefox

libreddit and troddit works without problems, except i can't login to troddit (infinite load).

Windows 7 on a 64-bit system
Slimjet: Version 37.0.3.0

SimilarToe

Post by SimilarToe »

Ditto for me. Happened a while ago. Incognito mode works just fine for me, too.

I've tried turning off all plugins/extensions, etc. Still no luck for the non-incognito Slimjet browser.

32 or 64bit, doesn't matter. Same deal.

Alzarius

Post by Alzarius »

Same here. Reddit has been completely broken for at least a month or so now using Slimjet. Incognito mode works, but nothing else and that doesnt allow me to log in. If this keeps up I'll just permanently switch to Opera or something else as its far too annoying having to juggle browsers just to visit reddit.

For reference, Opera, Chrome and Firefox have no issues at all with Reddit on my end, just Slimjet.

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

Alzarius wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:54 pm
Same here. Reddit has been completely broken for at least a month or so now using Slimjet. Incognito mode works, but nothing else and that doesnt allow me to log in. If this keeps up I'll just permanently switch to Opera or something else as its far too annoying having to juggle browsers just to visit reddit.

For reference, Opera, Chrome and Firefox have no issues at all with Reddit on my end, just Slimjet.
yup.

as alternative i would recommend ungoogled-chromium or Vivaldi or Brave.

for Firefox i would recommend Firefox, or Pale Moon if you want lightweight retro Firefox.

Alzarius

Post by Alzarius »

Is there any movement on this bug? Any acknowledgement at all? I'm getting real tired of having to open Opera just to go to reddit. Bout to permanently switch if there isn't some kind of confirmation from the devs that this is a bug and is being worked on.

SimilarToe

Post by SimilarToe »

I'm already using Vivaldi quite successfully. I'm quite enjoying how they've done their start page and how easy it is to reposition start page bookmarks compared to slimjet's discombobulated method.

SimilarToe

Post by SimilarToe »

As of Version 38.0.0.0 (based on Chromium 109.0.5414.74) (Official Build) (32-bit) the Reddit loading problem appears to have been fixed. YaY!

Alzarius

Post by Alzarius »

Yep, sure seems to be fixed. That's great news.

SimilarToe

Post by SimilarToe »

Yup. Definitely fixed.