YouTube "Download" button mising

Slimjet bug reports
DevoNorm

YouTube "Download" button mising

Post by DevoNorm »

I'm using Slimjet Version 34.0.3.0 (based on Chromium 98.0.4758.9) (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Linux Lite 5.8.

I can't seem to locate the "Download" button when I go on YouTube. I checked the browser's settings and have the "Show download youtube video button" checked. Yet there isn't a download button to be found. Does anyone else have that issue?

As far as I can tell, it appears to only have happened when YouTube changed the arrangement below the video screen section.

oftentired

Re: YouTube "Download" button mising

Post by oftentired »

I have no visible evidence that this is a bug.
It happens most often with Linux boxes.

The best first corrective action is to reinstall using the appropriate offline download package. And at that same time re-evaluate the Linux OP specific installation choices that might affect the browser operation.

Other possible solutions listed in another thread linked below
This Topic Discusses the Same issue
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

DevoNorm wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:28 pm
I'm using Slimjet Version 34.0.3.0 (based on Chromium 98.0.4758.9) (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Linux Lite 5.8.

I can't seem to locate the "Download" button when I go on YouTube. I checked the browser's settings and have the "Show download youtube video button" checked. Yet there isn't a download button to be found. Does anyone else have that issue?

As far as I can tell, it appears to only have happened when YouTube changed the arrangement below the video screen section.
Hello,

I am affected by the same problem, however, it seems to me that this only happens with the new layout of the video information, set by YouTube, with the old layout, the download button of the video works

Old layout

New layout

This is basically a broken feature, which the developer will probably have to fix so that this button works with the new layout
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

"Download video" still works for me (v 35.0.1.0), one of the few things that still does work for me on my formerly favorite Slimjet.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Check if you still have the blue download icon in the omnibox.

There was a previous version that had the download button missing, but the omnibox icon still worked.

However, all is up and running for me with the latest version.

nima_amin

Post by nima_amin »

I have just noticed the same using Windows 10 Professional. Download button is missing. How can I switch back to the "old design" of YouTube? I don't see any option there.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

nima_amin wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:16 am
I have just noticed the same using Windows 10 Professional. Download button is missing. How can I switch back to the "old design" of YouTube? I don't see any option there.
The YouTube download icon periodically goes missing.
First thing to check is Settings > Downloads and make sure the toggle for the button is On.
If that doesn't work, do a fresh install.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

The utube Download button is the one thing that still works good for me - and it's about all I use Slimjet for nowadays since they messed up the bookmark sidebar.