Bookmarks menu lag when lot of bookmarks with unicode name.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
whileloop

Bookmarks menu lag when lot of bookmarks with unicode name.

Post by whileloop »

I have a bookmark folder that contain about 80 bookmarks on bookmarks bar. The names of bookmarks in this folder contain Asian characters and symbols. When I click on this bookmark folder the popup menu show up after a short delay. I have another bookmark folder that also contain about 80 bookmarks, but the bookmark names contain only ASCII characters. When I click on this bookmark folder, the popup menu show up instantly.

I imported the bookmarks to other chromium based browsers. They don't have lagging when popup menus of bookmark folder.

Actually, I have three folders like this on my bookmarks bar. And I sometimes feel that Slimjet is not as responsive as other chromium based browsers.

My system is 32-bit Windows 7 and Slimjet 9.0.7. I attached a html bookmark file that you can import to bookmark bar and try.
I hope slimjet developers would improve the responsiveness of bookmarks menu and make slimjet become an even better browser.

Jherara1

Re: Bookmarks menu lag when lot of bookmarks with unicode na

Post by Jherara1 »

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I'm experiencing delays with all bookmark folder drop-down menus except for the Bookmarks Bar itself.

Thank you.

oftentired

Re: Bookmarks menu lag when lot of bookmarks with unicode na

Post by oftentired »

I do not have bookmarks with asian characters so I cannot experiment to reproduce. But you might try a program called Speedyfox which defragments any chrome based browser profile database. After running this any chrome based browser on the system usually shows an increase in performance.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11