Slimjet 10 Beta available

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
flashpeak
Site Admin

Slimjet 10 Beta available

Post by flashpeak »

Migrated to Chromium 50 (Yes, Slimjet 10 remains compatible with XP and Vista)
Fixed bugs with QuickFill form filler on some websites.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jollyDoDo

Re: Slimjet 10 Beta available

Post by jollyDoDo »

This is a really realy great news!!! I was about to accept the fact that when Slimjet moves to engine version 50+ is the end of Vista but more specifically Xp support but thankfully it isn't. Really great news to Xp users worldwide!!!

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

jollyDoDo wrote:This is a really realy great news!!! I was about to accept the fact that when Slimjet moves to engine version 50+ is the end of Vista but more specifically Xp support but thankfully it isn't. Really great news to Xp users worldwide!!!
I agree. There are still a lot of XP/Vista boxes out there, and this ought to be a selling point.

BillLite

Post by BillLite »

Clicked the download link here>>>>>> http://www.slimjet.com/
and I got version 9.0.7.0
D/L version gonna be updated soon, or no?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

BillLite wrote:Clicked the download link here>>>>>> http://www.slimjet.com/
and I got version 9.0.7.0
D/L version gonna be updated soon, or no?
A Beta release does not come to users as a normal update. You must deliberately go to the download page and select the Beta for download. Once it is "officially" released (which it now has been with version 10.0.1.0) it will install during a normal update.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

quick question is slimjet seeing it supports xp and vista less secure now than other browsers ? If that's the case Would it not be better to have a legacy version for xp/vista so us users that have more modern systems are not open to any older security risks