Slimjet 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.3.0 crash on search pages

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
LimboSlam

Re: Slimjet 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.3.0 crash on search pages

Post by LimboSlam »

Well it was not my extensions, but my AV (Kingsoft Antivirus 2014) did have a part in Slimjet crashing. It was blocking my search provider/engine and home page from being changed or searching with a different one. I also remembered that when I update Slimjet it doesn't always update or keep my settings, apps, extensions correctly/installed the same. Ok, I already whitelisted Slimjet in my AV and restored it to a previous version where it was working.

dev

Post by dev »

LimboSlam wrote:Well it was not my extensions, but my AV (Kingsoft Antivirus 2014) did have a part in Slimjet crashing. It was blocking my search provider/engine and home page from being changed or searching with a different one. I also remembered that when I update Slimjet it doesn't always update or keep my settings, apps, extensions correctly/installed the same. Ok, I already whitelisted Slimjet in my AV and restored it to a previous version where it was working.
Always handy to make a backup of your "user data" folder if that ever happens. Sometimes hard to find as its in the appdata / local folders which is hidden by default in windows.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

There is a shortcut to get to that folder quickly. Just enter chrome://open_profile_folder from the address box.
dev wrote: Always handy to make a backup of your "user data" folder if that ever happens. Sometimes hard to find as its in the appdata / local folders which is hidden by default in windows.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Thanks. Will do you guys.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

glad I could help resolve for both you guys!

SLeePYG72786

Post by SLeePYG72786 »

Same problem here. I'll do a search, open a link in a new tab, then boom - crash. Similar Event Log error(s). It *seems* to mostly happen with reverse image searches, but can't for sure on that. I tried using the batch file to run the crash reporter, but there's an error about it not found. Windows 8.1 Pro x64. If this continues for too long I'll switch browsers as this is unacceptable.

SLeePYG72786

Post by SLeePYG72786 »

Are we going to get an update on this issue? So far nothing has been said about it or the progress. Slimjet is crashing almost every time I do a search now. I'm currently using a different browser, and will completely switch over if nothing is done or said about it.

Jetlikelong

Post by Jetlikelong »

Hey Sleepy--did you check your extensions? Please see my previous post-disabling extension completely cured the issue for me.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

We have fixed some crashes in 1.2.5. Can you do an update and see if it still happens?
SLeePYG72786 wrote:Are we going to get an update on this issue? So far nothing has been said about it or the progress. Slimjet is crashing almost every time I do a search now. I'm currently using a different browser, and will completely switch over if nothing is done or said about it.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

SLeePYG72786

Post by SLeePYG72786 »

Jetlikelong wrote:Hey Sleepy--did you check your extensions? Please see my previous post-disabling extension completely cured the issue for me.
I have tried disabling all extensions, however, I believe that it shouldn't crash if Chrome doesn't crash with the same extensions since it's based off of Chromium.

flashpeak wrote:We have fixed some crashes in 1.2.5. Can you do an update and see if it still happens?
I've done a few quick tests on v1.2.5.0, and so far so good. I'll continue to use it and see if it crops up again. Thanks for the update.