Videos on Twitter don't play

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
paul1149

Videos on Twitter don't play

Post by paul1149 »

Does anyone know how to get videos on Twitter.com to play? I usually get a "this browser does not support video playback" error written across the video frame.

I think this is the case with many Chromium derivatives, including Opera. But the latest Vivaldi snapshot plays them with ease, and that is currently my walkaround.

I'm on Linux Lite 2.8 (ubuntu 14.04) x64.

beast-usa

Re: Videos on Twitter don't play

Post by beast-usa »

I only have problems with Vine mini-videos I get that error.
The rest of the videos are working for me. Sometimes you need to click them twice :(
I'm using Xubuntu 14.04 I would do the default thing I do each time I start Xubuntu :) sudo apt-get update

If you really want to see the mini-vids switch to FireFox I use FF X64 on Linux & Windows almost as fast as Slimjet.
But Slimjet is better lol :)
ThermalTake GT10, Asus Rampage V Exteme, i7-6950X (Raystorm water block), 32gigs DDR4-3000 Crucial Ballistix Tactical, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, OS HD's - 2 X 128gig Crucial M550's SSD's in Raid 0, Corsair SINGLE RAIL 1050 watt

paul1149

Re: Videos on Twitter don't play

Post by paul1149 »

No amount of clicking makes it work here, and now I'm seeing the problem on sites that post the twitter videos in their articles.

Not a fan of FF, but Vivaldi is coming along nicely. Not nearly as good as SJ though, but it plays the videos perfectly. Seems very strange the lack of support here, but I've brought that up a few times already and it's not likely to change. Snatching defeat from victory, IME.