[Feature Request] Canvas Fingerprinting Toggle Option

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
reactorr

[Feature Request] Canvas Fingerprinting Toggle Option

Post by reactorr »

canvas ? please disable canvas or enable/disable button.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Videos on Facebook are playing in slow motion

Post by flashpeak »

I hear it, my friend. It is on the list, although not on the top. You don't have to show up everywhere I make a post. Help spread words about Slimjet for us on the Internet and you shall see this feature fairly soon.
reactorr wrote:canvas ? please disable canvas or enable/disable button.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

reactorr

Post by reactorr »

flashpeak wrote:I hear it, my friend. It is on the list, although not on the top. You don't have to show up everywhere I make a post. Help spread words about Slimjet for us on the Internet and you shall see this feature fairly soon.
reactorr wrote:canvas ? please disable canvas or enable/disable button.
thank you so much. I love you SlimJet.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

After doing some investigation on this canvas fingerprinting issue, I found that Chrome actually provides this command line switch "--disable-reading-from-canvas" to disable javascript from reading the canvas. That should thwart any canvas fingerprinting attempts.

Will this be sufficient for you?
reactorr wrote:thank you so much. I love you SlimJet.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

reactorr

Post by reactorr »

flashpeak wrote:After doing some investigation on this canvas fingerprinting issue, I found that Chrome actually provides this command line switch "--disable-reading-from-canvas" to disable javascript from reading the canvas. That should thwart any canvas fingerprinting attempts.

No, no, no :/ Beacuse I dont like command line. Please disable/enable button. (like enable/disable WebRTC)

thanks.

dev

Post by dev »

flashpeak wrote:After doing some investigation on this canvas fingerprinting issue, I found that Chrome actually provides this command line switch "--disable-reading-from-canvas" to disable javascript from reading the canvas. That should thwart any canvas fingerprinting attempts.

Any adblocker with easyprivacy list https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ enabled will block it.

reactorr

Post by reactorr »

dev wrote:

Any adblocker with easyprivacy list https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ enabled will block it.
I dont like extensions :/

dev

Post by dev »

reactorr wrote:
dev wrote:

reactorr"]thank you so much. I love you SlimJet.

I dont like extensions :/
Well i don't like too many of them running but you seem very concerned about your privacy online which is good thing no doubt so you must run a adblocker of sorts or something like ghostery i really can't see you browsing the web without one and if you are, are you not worried about the implications of being tracked and ad targeted on every site you visit?
Would it not be better to use in the mean time while flashpeak is working on canvas for the next update ?

reactorr

[Feature Request] Canvas Fingerprinting Option

Post by reactorr »

dev wrote: Well i don't like too many of them running but you seem very concerned about your privacy online which is good thing no doubt so you must run a adblocker of sorts or something like ghostery i really can't see you browsing the web without one and if you are, are you not worried about the implications of being tracked and ad targeted on every site you visit?
Would it not be better to use in the mean time while flashpeak is working on canvas for the next update ?
You are right but Canvas fingerprintings more dangerous to advertisements.
And, adblocker is a memory monster.
http://www.geek.com/apps/canvas-fingerp ... t-1599967/

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Canvas fingerprinting control option has been added in 4.0.7.0.

We are working a builtin ad blocker. It will use the adblock plus lists but we implement it internally using C++ to boost speed and reduce memory usage.
reactorr wrote:
dev wrote: Well i don't like too many of them running but you seem very concerned about your privacy online which is good thing no doubt so you must run a adblocker of sorts or something like ghostery i really can't see you browsing the web without one and if you are, are you not worried about the implications of being tracked and ad targeted on every site you visit?
You are right but Canvas fingerprintings more dangerous to advertisements.
And, adblocker is a memory monster.
http://www.geek.com/apps/canvas-fingerp ... t-1599967/
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.