[Feature Request] Canvas Fingerprinting Toggle Option

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
reactorr

Re: Videos on Facebook are playing in slow motion

Post by reactorr »

flashpeak wrote:Canvas fingerprinting control option has been added in 4.0.7.0.

We are working a builtin ad blocker. It will use the adblock plus lists but we implement it internally using C++ to boost speed and reduce memory usage.
reactorr wrote:
dev wrote: Well i don't like too many of them running but you seem very concerned about your privacy online which is good thing no doubt so you must run a adblocker of sorts or something like ghostery i really can't see you browsing the web without one and if you are, are you not worried about the implications of being tracked and ad targeted on every site you visit?
Would it not be better to use in the mean time while flashpeak is working on canvas for the next update ?
You are right but Canvas fingerprintings more dangerous to advertisements.
And, adblocker is a memory monster.
http://www.geek.com/apps/canvas-fingerp ... t-1599967/
FINALLY! YEAH. THANK YOU SO MUCH. AND GREAT NEWS! I LOVE YOU SLIMJET. YOU ARE THE BEST!

dev

Post by dev »

flashpeak wrote:Canvas fingerprinting control option has been added in 4.0.7.0.

We are working a builtin ad blocker. It will use the adblock plus lists but we implement it internally using C++ to boost speed and reduce memory usage.
reactorr wrote:
dev wrote: Well i don't like too many of them running but you seem very concerned about your privacy online which is good thing no doubt so you must run a adblocker of sorts or something like ghostery i really can't see you browsing the web without one and if you are, are you not worried about the implications of being tracked and ad targeted on every site you visit?
Would it not be better to use in the mean time while flashpeak is working on canvas for the next update ?
You are right but Canvas fingerprintings more dangerous to advertisements.
And, adblocker is a memory monster.
http://www.geek.com/apps/canvas-fingerp ... t-1599967/
Good thing to have as long as the inbuilt adblocker is optionally. I use ublock which is light on memory and lets me use my own defined lists

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

flashpeak wrote:We are working a builtin ad blocker. It will use the adblock plus lists but we implement it internally using C++ to boost speed and reduce memory usage.
Superb. Thank you.