download: open or save

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
alebig69

download: open or save

Post by alebig69 »

Hi.
I'm trying Slimjet and it seems nice.
Just one question, or suggestion.
When I click on a file, such as pdf, doc, etc, I'd like to have the option to open it or save it, just to read "on the fly" and not having my downloads folder full of rubbish.
Is there a chance to see this in the future?

sfcheng

Re: download: open or save

Post by sfcheng »

It can be done. I will put it on the list for investigation.

dmatting

Post by dmatting »

I also like the idea of an option to "open" or "save" a file.

SplittingDis

Post by SplittingDis »

+1 - It would be a very worthwhile feature!

Thanks in anticipation.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

If we add support for this, you will have to go through another step of confirmation when downloading file, like we do in IE. Are you sure it's what you guys want?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

Of course :) Having no problem with that one! I often download updates from an emulator in zip form for example so such an option to open things "on the fly" is a must have in my opinion. Automatically opening and forgetting about it... The perfect feature ;)

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

How about a built in 7-zip option for zipped files and extracting? Now that would be very convenient for me! :)

r.purnama83

Post by r.purnama83 »

I've been using SlimJet 1.1.1.0 for several days. Today I found a problem: SlimJet can't determine whether a file was downloaded successfully or not.. SlimJet should give a special mark for the broken file.
Maybe SlimJet Team can do fix this problem at the next release of SlimJet. Thank's in advance.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

If you add features such as suggested (as in open or save file), ensure an option to use or not use it. I just like single click downloading, myself. Don't need another button to click.

Sandal23

Post by Sandal23 »

jeffhere wrote:If you add features such as suggested (as in open or save file), ensure an option to use or not use it. I just like single click downloading, myself. Don't need another button to click.
I agree with jeffhere