Virus found in download

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
djg14

Virus found in download

Post by djg14 »

I have just received your notification of the first release of Slimjet, and congratulations on getting it out.

However on installing it Avast has reported that it contains a virus, namely Win32:Dropper-gen(Drp) and so I am not going any further with this till I hear back from you.

Regards

David

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Virus found in download

Post by flashpeak »

Slimjet is clean. It's just a false alarm from Avast since Slimjet is pretty new and some AV software make mistakes from time to time. Please report the false alarm to AVAST via the following link: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php . Mention the download link of Slimjet: http://www.slimjet.com/beta/sjtsetup_x86.exe

djg14 wrote:I have just received your notification of the first release of Slimjet, and congratulations on getting it out.

However on installing it Avast has reported that it contains a virus, namely Win32:Dropper-gen(Drp) and so I am not going any further with this till I hear back from you.

Regards

David
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Scribe_uk

Post by Scribe_uk »

Yes I'm getting exactly the same virus report. I've tried installing and uninstalling three times, but still the same, and I'm not going to unquarantine what appears to be a nasty trojan. There must be something within SJ causing this, since it doesn't happen with SB,SBt or any other program.

djg14

Post by djg14 »

flashpeak wrote:Slimjet is clean. It's just a false alarm from Avast since Slimjet is pretty new and some AV software make mistakes from time to time. Please report the false alarm to AVAST via the following link: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php . Mention the download link of Slimjet: http://www.slimjet.com/beta/sjtsetup_x86.exe

djg14 wrote:I have just received your notification of the first release of Slimjet, and congratulations on getting it out.

Regards

David
Thanks for the reassurance. I have reported it to Avast and on checking the file again it is now showing clean.

djg14

Post by djg14 »

First annoyance to find is that it is blocking the task bar from popping up. I have it set at auto hide.

Next - it does not remember the downloads folder. Instead it goes to the last folder it accessed.

sfcheng

Post by sfcheng »

Are you running Slimjet in full screen mode? If you run it in fullscreen mode, task bar is not accessible. otherwise, task bar should be accessible when you move mouse to the edge of the screen.

As for download folder, if you turn on the option "Ask where to save each file before downloading", it will always use the last folder you used to save the last file.
If that option is off, it will always save to the default download folder you picked in the settings page.

djg14 wrote:First annoyance to find is that it is blocking the task bar from popping up. I have it set at auto hide.

Next - it does not remember the downloads folder. Instead it goes to the last folder it accessed.

djg14

Post by djg14 »

I am running full screen. The task bar should be accessible in this mode. Other programs/browser perform correctly. Will this be addressed?

For the downloads the option to check was selected. Other browsers show the correct location with the option to change. Not sure how that option will work when you don't have it selected but decide to save elsewhere.

djg14

Post by djg14 »

djg14 wrote:I am running full screen. The task bar should be accessible in this mode. Other programs/browser perform correctly. Will this be addressed?

For the downloads the option to check was selected. Other browsers show the correct location with the option to change. Not sure how that option will work when you don't have it selected but decide to save elsewhere.
I am running full screen
Just to qualify this. I am running maximised not full screen. Sorry about the confusion.