【feature request】reset theme to the original one

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.

【feature request】reset theme to the original one

Post by 775405984 »

can you guys add an option to reset the theme to the original chrome default theme ?

because the current one is hideous, no offense.

thanks.

oftentired

Re: 【feature request】reset theme to the original one

Post by oftentired »

I don't think this is easily done. Slimjet comes with a default installation theme which is not the one used by google chrome. They may share the Blink rendering engine, but they do not share the things added on top of that engine.

Possibly, if you go to the trouble of installing google chrome and finding a way save the default google chrome theme from that installation, you may be able to then install it to Slimjet. I can't think of another way to do it unless someone has found it online as an uninstallable theme.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

avada000

Re: 【feature request】reset theme to the original one

Post by avada000 »

oftentired wrote:I don't think this is easily done. Slimjet comes with a default installation theme which is not the one used by google chrome. They may share the Blink rendering engine, but they do not share the things added on top of that engine.
They share way more than the engine... Actually the biggest difference is the theme. It's mostly the same as chrome with some additions and tweaks here and there. Actually Slimjet is the most Chrome like fork I've seen so far. It's the only one that retains the built in translator, the flash plugin and the pdf viewer too. (The main reasons I use SJ instead of chrome)