[Solved] Incognito - No theme wallpaper displayed

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
The Red Zone

[Solved] Incognito - No theme wallpaper displayed

Post by The Red Zone »

Hello. I just found Slimjet on the Portable Freeware site. I'm test-driving it for the first time...so far so good. The only negative I've found so far is that there is no theme wallpaper displayed when running Slimjet in incognito mode, just blinding bright white burning out my retinas. :shock: I installed a few different themes to see if it was a theme error, but they all have the same results.

I'm not sure if this is a tweak for the Slimjet dev to work on so that the matching wallpaper is displayed, but in the meantime, couldn't that color be changed to black or at least a dark gray? (color #333333 or #222222) I don't really need a matching background, a simple solid dark background would do the job. On a positive note, I'm glad the useless "warning" label is gone! :D

I always run incognito. I have Iron on Windows, and Chromium on Linux, and they are set to launch "inconito". They show the theme wallpaper when in incognito.

Slimjet is already looking to be an excellent replacement for Iron, but the bright white background has got to go.

Cheers!
Last edited by The Red Zone on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

LimboSlam

Re: Incognito - No theme wallpaper displayed

Post by LimboSlam »

No, it's just not you. I also get that on my SJ portable and the desktop SJ. But to be honest I like it that way.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

we will look into this issue.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

The Red Zone

Post by The Red Zone »

Excellent! I just downloaded 1.2.2.0 and the incognito-wallpaper problem is fixed Thanks! :D

Unfortunately, the "warning" label has returned. :( No biggie...I can live with that.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

We have specifically added an option to hide the warning label. There is an option "Don't show this message again" on the new tab page. Click it and it will be gone forever.

The Red Zone wrote:Excellent! I just downloaded 1.2.2.0 and the incognito-wallpaper problem is fixed Thanks! :D

Unfortunately, the "warning" label has returned. :( No biggie...I can live with that.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

The Red Zone

Re: [Solved] Incognito - No theme wallpaper displayed

Post by The Red Zone »

:D Thanks flashpeak! I'm so used to seeing that label that I didn't even notice the checkbox. AWESOME!

Slimjet just keeps getting better and better!!!

LimboSlam

Re: [Solved] Incognito - No theme wallpaper displayed

Post by LimboSlam »

yes its working now. thanks FlashPeak! :)