[Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jeffhere

Re: [Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

Post by jeffhere »

Hi Stephen,

I have noticed you have added a selection for the toolbars "reopen closed tabs".

Great and thanks!

I am assuming its a place holder for now, since if I use the toolbar icon, the tab reopens but there is no history. If I use the tab right click, it opens and has it's history. I have not tested with 1.2.2 yet (only with 1.2). Will retest once updated and let you know if ok!

So something not quite there yet on the toolbar icon....but I am glad its being added!

<edit> Well, it went the wrong way. Now there is no tab history that follows the reopened tab. < end edit>

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Thanks for listening! This is great :)

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I am not exactly following your meaning here. What do you mean by "tab reopens but there is no history"?
Are you saying that the reopened tabs should retain its navigation history so that you go back and forth on the restored tab just like before it was closed? That kind of navigation history is not kept no matter you use the toolbar button or the tab right click context menu.

If you right click on the toolbar button itself, you get a list of previously closed tabs, which gives you more choices.

jeffhere wrote:Hi Stephen,

I have noticed you have added a selection for the toolbars "reopen closed tabs".

Great and thanks!

I am assuming its a place holder for now, since if I use the toolbar icon, the tab reopens but there is no history. If I use the tab right click, it opens and has it's history. I have not tested with 1.2.2 yet (only with 1.2). Will retest once updated and let you know if ok!

So something not quite there yet on the toolbar icon....but I am glad its being added!

<edit> Well, it went the wrong way. Now there is no tab history that follows the reopened tab. < end edit>
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

[quote="flashpeak"]I am not exactly following your meaning here. What do you mean by "tab reopens but there is no history"?
Are you saying that the reopened tabs should retain its navigation history so that you go back and forth on the restored tab just like before it was closed? That kind of navigation history is not kept no matter you use the toolbar button or the tab right click context menu.

If you right click on the toolbar button itself, you get a list of previously closed tabs, which gives you more choices.

It does exactly that tho, if i use the tab right click "reopen close tab" and I've opened say 8 different webpages in that tab I can go back to each site. It does in coolnovo, chrome itself and slimjet.
I have just tried the toolbar button and i also get my history available, even got the options popup for the toolbar up when i put the button on my toolbar to test it which was 7 pages back to when i closed the tab.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Restored tab's navigational history seems to be included now. Perhaps a function of Chromium 37? IAC, good job.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

I know the right click shows multiple closed tabs - that is not what I am talking about.

If I have been navigating through 1 tab and closed it, there is that tab history. In the past, the "control shift T" would open the tab with it's full nav history. Using the new icon, the tab opens but it's history is not there, only the last page the tab was on. I use another browser that also is using Chrome 37 and it has the tab history, so I know it can be done. If interested, I can provide the forum for the beta version (its in Chinese, as I've mentioned in a few posts).
flashpeak wrote:I am not exactly following your meaning here. What do you mean by "tab reopens but there is no history"?

jeffhere wrote:Hi Stephen,

Great and thanks!

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

not working for me.

W7 pro 64 bit

plus, if you check the post by LimboSlam, something is odd, as external websites that can check version of chrome, thinks slimjet is 36, not 37...

Check this post and if you check either link by Limboslam or myself, you will see externally they do not see version 37...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88
Capture.GIF
dev wrote:I am not exactly following your meaning here. What do you mean by "tab reopens but there is no history"?

It does exactly that tho, if i use the tab right click "reopen close tab" and I've opened say 8 different webpages in that tab I can go back to each site. It does in coolnovo, chrome itself and slimjet.
I have just tried the toolbar button and i also get my history available, even got the options popup for the toolbar up when i put the button on my toolbar to test it which was 7 pages back to when i closed the tab.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

The tab history doesn't work for me either. I will look into the problem.
As for the browser version, you need update to Slimjet 1.2.3 to fix the problem.
jeffhere wrote:not working for me.

W7 pro 64 bit

plus, if you check the post by LimboSlam, something is odd, as external websites that can check version of chrome, thinks slimjet is 36, not 37...

Check this post and if you check either link by Limboslam or myself, you will see externally they do not see version 37...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88
Capture.GIF
dev wrote:I am not exactly following your meaning here. What do you mean by "tab reopens but there is no history"?

Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I stand corrected. Nav history is not working.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Thanks for adding this toolbar button, but something is still not correct (using latest at this time, 1.2.6). What I find:

I want to be clear on the error vs how the behavior should be (and does work properly in another browser). I can have a tab open and surf in that tab (various links that change that tab pages, not opening new tabs)...so there is a back and forward nav history with that tab. If I close that tab, I may want to reopen it later...and still have that nav history.

Currently I find slimjet is doing this: If I close a tab that has a nav history, seems like the first time I reopen it, the nav history may be available. But any other tab reopens do not have their history. This is the gist I see from general testing. It may work once on 1 reopen.

I found a new(ish) extension that is active and does this properly (it's an offshoot of "sexy undo closed tabs" or similar old name). This one actually retains history, so I can use it....however Slimjet has the feature and if it could work properly, I would have 1 less extension to need.

Here it is in the event anyone wants it and for Stephen (Flashpeak), maybe some comparison testing.....must have Chrome 37 or >........

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mckgclnbca