[Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jeffhere

[Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

Post by jeffhere »

I would like a built in "undo closed tabs" that keeps the tab history. It would be implemented as a toolbar button (normally to the right of the "reload" button. There are a few extensions, but they are not providing a history, just of the last page. I know one can right click the tab and select or "control shift t" but that's (a) additional work and only brings the last one back, (c) does not retain tab history.

I'd envision left click the button and a drop down list appears of the last X amt of tabs, number chosen by the user. Click one and it's available with it's tab history. If a user double clicks that button, then just the last closed tab with history is returned...

I believe "sexy undo close tab" used to accomplish this but it is now not available on the web store and I can't find the latest version that did keep tab history. The ones I find do not. If anyone knows of one thsat does, for now...please provide that info!

Thanks...

LimboSlam

Re: [Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

Post by LimboSlam »

Theres this fork of sexy undo close tab called "SimpleUndoClose" and it looks and does better! Heres the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... e-ntp-icon

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Nope, tried it in the past (a few weeks ago) and retried it today. It does not retain tab specific history. It only returns to the last page that tab was on before closing. At least for me. W7 Pro 64 bit. Thanks anyway!

Alex_Belyi

Post by Alex_Belyi »

Also very much hope that will make the button "open closed tab", there is a button in browsers coolnovo (sorry he died), and coowon (if the button is not - go back to it). It is very convenient. Developers see how it is done, and done right.

Простите за плохой английский :)

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

We do keep a history via the menu "Recently visited sites". It keeps a history of the recently closed tabs.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Make it more accessible and simpler to use! That's what we are asking...we are not saying it's not available, it's just not (a) easy to use (b) robust with features as suggested!!

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Agree :) Please????

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Not sure it's worth it. Undo closed tabs is usually not a frequent operation. You close a tab by mistake and then want to undo it. The shortcut key or the context menu is convenient enough for such an occasional operation. You don't do this for more than 10 times a day.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Sorry, but as a heavy browser user, I disagree. We all have certain habits...please don't take this the wrong way, but we all have opinions and although you are the author, ultimately it will be the flexibility of the browser features (controlled by you) that will make a browser popular to use. I go back a lot to referenced info on tabs I've closed. I am sure many feel the same way, although only 1 has agreed with me. No one has disagreed but you.

For example, you have a 'refresh' icon on the toolbar menu as an option...but it is also a shortcut, and is on the tab menu. You have 'open file' and maybe others would use it on occasion, I never do. So why not have one I m sure would be used a lot by users?

Currently I am using a Chinese browser because it offers all the features I use (like right click to close tab and fully robust undo closed tabs with tab history). Most of the info is in english but some is in chinese! It's called 360 speed browser. It also has very low memory usage, built in switching of engine (webkit and IE and IE11) mouse gestures, fast page loading and built in ad blocking with customized filters (albeit hard for me to figure them out!). But I'd still rather use a full english browser, as I can't even figure out how to join their forum to provide feedback and help out users with questions! I want slimjet to be the browser I use.

But with those 2 features missing (right click close, undo closed), I could not use this one 24x7...so I keep asking!! Although I don't program anymore, those 2 features surely can't be hard to implement. Many browsers have the right click close and since you already have some assemblance of undo closed tabs, why not make an icon button out of it? Be flexible, listen to the users!

Thanks....

Alex_Belyi

Post by Alex_Belyi »

With each refresh think there was this function. And her and asked :(
You do not listen to the users, lose the desire to use SlimJet.
I'll wait a bit and move on to another browser, a lot of them. I think that not only I will do.
You lose the people who you were hoping for.