[Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

Post by flashpeak »

If you keep using the button itself to reopen tabs, the tabs it opens always have the history.
However, if you select a site from the drop down menu, it will open that particular site without history.
jeffhere wrote:Thanks for adding this toolbar button, but something is still not correct (using latest at this time, 1.2.6). What I find:

I want to be clear on the error vs how the behavior should be (and does work properly in another browser). I can have a tab open and surf in that tab (various links that change that tab pages, not opening new tabs)...so there is a back and forward nav history with that tab. If I close that tab, I may want to reopen it later...and still have that nav history.

Currently I find slimjet is doing this: If I close a tab that has a nav history, seems like the first time I reopen it, the nav history may be available. But any other tab reopens do not have their history. This is the gist I see from general testing. It may work once on 1 reopen.

I found a new(ish) extension that is active and does this properly (it's an offshoot of "sexy undo closed tabs" or similar old name). This one actually retains history, so I can use it....however Slimjet has the feature and if it could work properly, I would have 1 less extension to need.

Here it is in the event anyone wants it and for Stephen (Flashpeak), maybe some comparison testing.....must have Chrome 37 or >........

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mckgclnbca
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Re: [Feature Request] Undo Closed Tabs (with History)

Post by jeffhere »

oh, I see that now...that's fine except you can imagine...I want to open the 12th tab in the list...I don't want to open by clicking the button 12 times then having to kill those opened tabs not needed, etcetera.

Please make the behavior the same!!