[feature request] whitelisting enumerated plugins...

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
SnakeByte

[feature request] whitelisting enumerated plugins...

Post by SnakeByte »

My Privacy settings for plugins:

Settings -> Privacy -> Content Settings -> Plugins -> "Let me choose when to run plugin content"

I recently visited this website to test the privacy settings of Slimjet + some privacy extensions I have loaded (Privacy Badger, AdBlock Plus with the EasyPrivacy filter list, CanvasFingerprintBlock, FlashControl):

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

and discovered that all of my plugins still shows up when the site enumerated my plugins. While neither flash or Java ran during the test (I saw the plugin blocked at the top right of the address bar as expected), they still showed up in the list. I've got some other company specific plugins that also showed up and that would easily make my browsing easy to track because of their unique nature.

Only the plugins set to "disabled" in "slimjet://plugins" didn't show in the enumerated list.

It would be nice if there was a setting that only exposed the plugins that normally come with the browser, and that then gave us the ability to whitelist plugins <--> sites associations for any additionally installed plugins. This would make the browser much less "unique" by default for the tracking websites out there.

Thanks!