【Feature Request】Force Refresh

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.

【Feature Request】Force Refresh

Post by 775405984 »

You guys, could you add an context menu option of the refresh button on the toolbar to manually Force Refresh the current tab or all the tabs?

It's been very cold in the winter time without AC in China, so I type with screen keyboard on Windows 7.

I know, it's super lazy. But it's the only way I could type with just one hand in my comfy bed instead getting up and have my whole upper body exposed in the cold air just to press the Ctrl+F5 key. BTW, it's Ctrl+Fn+5 on my laptop since screen keyboard doesn't show F5 by default.

So, it's really helpful if you guys could add an Force Refresh feature of the refresh button on the toolbar.

Sorry for my poor English.

oftentired

Re: 【Feature Request】Force Refresh

Post by oftentired »

If your making exclusive use of your mouse and need to refresh a tab right click the tab and click Reload,

if you want to refresh all the tabs right click any tab and scroll down and click Reload all tabs,

if you want to have a tab or all tabs refresh automatically on a schedule you set right click that tab and click Auto reload and from the resulting menu click your choice and then set the time in the dialog box that comes up. If you want to do this with a single tab be sure it is that tab you right click, if you want to do it with all tabs you can right click any tab and access the menu choice.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Post by 775405984 »

oftentired wrote:If your making exclusive use of your mouse and need to refresh a tab right click the tab and click Reload,

if you want to refresh all the tabs right click any tab and scroll down and click Reload all tabs,

if you want to have a tab or all tabs refresh automatically on a schedule you set right click that tab and click Auto reload and from the resulting menu click your choice and then set the time in the dialog box that comes up. If you want to do this with a single tab be sure it is that tab you right click, if you want to do it with all tabs you can right click any tab and access the menu choice.
There is a difference between Force Refresh and just Refresh.

Force Refresh Bypass Chrome's cache. And it's quite useful if the webpage doesn't load certain sources and refresh just refresh the webpage.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Right. Until and if they implement a toolbar icon for this you can setup this work-a-round.

While using Slimjet open the DevTools window by pressing F-12
Then press F-1 to open the DevTools settings window
In the General section of DevTools settings check mark the first item in the DevTools Settings which should be, "Disable cache (while DevTools is open)"
close the settings and press F-12 to close the DevTools window

After that all you need do is F-12 and refresh the tab, and then press F-12 again to close the DevTools window and your tab should experience a Force Refresh.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

【Feature Request】Add Force Refresh feature

Post by 775405984 »

You guys, could you add an context menu option of the refresh button on the toolbar to manually Force Refresh the current tab or all the tabs?

There is a difference between Force Refresh and just Refresh.

Force Refresh Bypass Chrome's cache. And it's quite useful if the webpage doesn't load certain sources and refresh just refresh the webpage.

Screenshot_1.png

So, it's really helpful if you guys could add an Force Refresh feature of the refresh button on the toolbar.[/size]