How to save pw when I have >1 account number/username?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
highstream

How to save pw when I have >1 account number/username?

Post by highstream »

I'm having trouble figuring out how to use Slimjet's password manager (w/o a master password) on sites where I have more than one account number or username. I was hoping for some kind of drop down or offer of a choice of which account I want to log into, but I'm not seeing anything like that. I've saved the account numbers with different names, e.g., account and account1, but upon going to the site it always fills in the same one without any prompt for the other. Am I missing something?

josegimcam

Re: How to save pw when I have >1 account number/username?

Post by josegimcam »

I don´t know if this will help you, but for example I have or use 4 gmail accounts. When I access the sign in page it shows one name but if If delete it down comes all the accounts click on one and it enters. I don´t use quickfill because there are still some problems with gmail and live.com. Hope this helps.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

When Saving a Form/Password click on Advanced and make use of the Alias feature. Keep it short and simple and it should be relatively fast to switch between accounts by typing the alias into the address bar.

Also, on this computer I'm not using Quickfill so I can't easily play around. But on my other computer it does give me a choice of saved Forms if the webpage has more than one, but I don't remember the process leading to it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

highstream

Post by highstream »

Ok, after saving each of the entries, it takes a right click to bring up the context menu with Fill Form. At least at Scottrade.com. But at gmail.com, it takes a right click then left click on the first field to see the choices. Confusing. Two problems I'm running into:
1) how do I edit the saved names/numbers (and passwords)? Nothing shows in Passwords and Forms (Settings).
2) Say I have two saved entry names, actually two account numbers at the same site. When I choose the other second (non default) one, it goes into the box but then switches back immediately to the default one. That seems like a bug, but I don't know enough about how this works to be sure of that.

josegimcam, At gmail.com in Opera, for example, google's site puts up a page with the three accounts I have access to, then I use Opera's password facility. With Slimjet, that's not happening; it's being done by the left/right clicks mentioned above, which means entirely the browser side.

oftentired, I can see the Alias field, but how does one use the Alias feature at all, let alone with more than one account?

If all of this seems a bit confusing, it's because it sure seems set up that way. For example, Form Fill seems part of the browser, but where it's edited is not obvious. OTOH, go to Autofills in Settings and I'm in Chrome - or at least that's what it looks like.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Ok. Let me explain a little further.
Firefox: no problems whatsoever. Go to gmail sign in page and it´s empty, you enter the first letter and the browser gives you the names and you choose.
Chrome: Go to gmail sign in page and you see a name, shift+home delete and shows you all the names and you choose.
Slimjet: the same as chrome.
I´ve not tried in the new opera (Blink) but I think it will behave like Chrome and Slimjet.
All of the above not using quickfill. As mention before there are still some issues with gmail and live.com. With the last it also wants to change the password, at least in my experience. I say no and does not bother me again. I´m waiting for an update for quickfill to try again.
I´m new to Slimjet and my default browser always has been firefox and I´m no techie but I would like that slimjet, in this instance, behaves like FF. I don´t know why chrome and slimjet leaves a name in the sign in page and that´s why I don´t use chrome with gmail. It could be a problem with google that somehow FF has overcome.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

By the way, in live.com it´s worst, when you go to the sign in page there you have the name and the password (whatever the browser or the sign in page likes), to work like it should you have to first delete the password and then the name, only then the browser gives you the names (I´ve three). If you only delete the name and change it for other it grabs the password that´s already there.
FF gives you from the beginning an empty page and you only have to input the first letter and there you are.

highstream

Post by highstream »

I'm still new to Slimjet and find its password manager not intuitive and quirky, to say the least. Btw, by gmail with Opera I was referring to Opera 12 and Opera new, now 34. At gmail.com, those list the three accounts under Choose an Account. But it doesn't with IE11, FF, Vivaldi and Slimjet. Not sure why.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I have to agree with highstream. I been playing (deleting accounts & passwords and submitting them on again) and password manager is subject to some improvement which leaves me with security concerns.