Right Click to Close Tab, One More Time!

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jeffhere

Right Click to Close Tab, One More Time!

Post by jeffhere »

I hate to be a nag on this, but I like slimjet overall. The one thing (well, 2 but I believe gestures implementation is coming) that will stop me from using it, as small as it sounds...is right click to close tab. For me it is big, as it's a habit developed over the years of using browsers...it's a natural motion for me. I know there are variants (double click, click on the "X", etc) but for me, cleanest is right click. Gee, I must do that at least 100x per day! All other browsers I use/test have it (Coowon, 360Chrome, 360browser and of course the old CoolNovo...).

It can be an option, so a user does not have to use it...but if selected, the normal mode to get to the tab menu if needed "control right click". Most if not all functions on the right click tab menu can be accomplished other ways, especially when gestures are implemented.

Who's with me on this one? ;)

jeffhere

Re: Right Click to Close Tab, One More Time!

Post by jeffhere »

Stephen,

Will you consider this simple request?

Once you can fix the toolbar "undo closed tab" so it has the tab history too...and add this....Slimjet can become my favorite browser! I can wait a bit for gestures assuming they will be implemented....

Currently I use a different browser (also really nice, has gestures, tab history and right click tab close that I am asking for, along with internal ad and pop-up filters....is about 70% the mem usage....only problem is the main site and forum are in Chinese!!) currently but I believe this one can be the better!!

So for now, I check back on the forum regularly to see updates, help answer questions, if I can, etc...

dev

Post by dev »

Right click tab area to close the page was the setting in the tab setting page in coolnovo . I've never used that method but i understand that its the simple browser habits that really matter to people when choosing which browser to use. I use the X on the tabs which in firefox they removed so I stopped using that browser and I didn't want to install plugins etc to get that option back.
It shouldn't be too hard of a option to implement so I'll say it should be a handy option to have.(quick method of hiding that tab from your boss maybe)
The simple mouse gestures Mini gestures extension I put in the forum will cover you till inbuilt ones are here.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

The "Open closed tab" toolbar button does have the tab history. You just have to right click on it.

The right click to close tab seems like a reasonable popular thing among Chinese users. We will add it.
jeffhere wrote:Stephen,

Will you consider this simple request?

Once you can fix the toolbar "undo closed tab" so it has the tab history too...and add this....Slimjet can become my favorite browser! I can wait a bit for gestures assuming they will be implemented....

Currently I use a different browser (also really nice, has gestures, tab history and right click tab close that I am asking for, along with internal ad and pop-up filters....is about 70% the mem usage....only problem is the main site and forum are in Chinese!!) currently but I believe this one can be the better!!

So for now, I check back on the forum regularly to see updates, help answer questions, if I can, etc...
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

yea! Thanks....

The way I've seen it implemented...

If the option to right click tab to close it.....then the user can "control right click" to get to the tab menu....