Newsgroup Post

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
pinsal57

Newsgroup Post

Post by pinsal57 »

I posted this today to the usenet group "alt.comp.freeware", a very active group. Maybe we'll get more users!

Flashpeak's "Slimjet", chromium based browser:

Doesn't send any usage data back to Google like Chrome
Built in adblocker
Built in Youtube video downloader
Advanced and flexible anti-tracking options
Sandboxed multi-process architecture.
...and much more.

Been using it daily for 3 months without problems. Worth a look and tryout. Portable version also.

Home Page, Download, and Browser Comparison: http://www.slimjet.com/en/

pinsal57

Re: Newsgroup Post

Post by pinsal57 »

Flashpeak might want to look at the comments made to that post so far. One reply says "test driving it now, I like it!". The other comment is "I like it, but it gets updated frequently... Too frequently. Six times this month so far, five times last month. The developer needs to hold back and release a cumulative update, unless major bugs are found of course."

Well, at least we're getting some exposure! :D

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I've gotten similar response. On the updating, they can change checking to weekly or monthly, as they prefer.

dev

Post by dev »

well they are tied as to updating to what chrome does really and the little bug fixes we get weekly, daily etc most you can ignore yourself and wait for a main update. Its gets updated a lot because a lot of the bugs are in their added features like the turbo manager which they have to fix quick as people would complain relentless, like they do about flash player (yawn)