"back"/"forward" icon in toolbar

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
TJlivinginCA

"back"/"forward" icon in toolbar

Post by TJlivinginCA »

SlimJet is the best browser! exempt, is has a couple small problems...

The one that bugs me the most is that the back/forward icons don't change color/shape/etc when there is a history assoc with it. I didn't realize how much I rely on this until it's gone (all other browsers seem to have this option.)

The other thing that I'd like is, to be able to move the back,forw,refr,home buttons/toolbar to a different part of the row... and in extension to this idea, I'd like to move the icons on the far right to the left side of the row.

dev

Re: "back"/"forward" icon in toolbar

Post by dev »

They do change colour tho mine go from gray to blue once history is there and you can change some of the buttons to the left or the right. small arrow on the toolbar then customize toolbar or go into settings and do it from there.

TJlivinginCA

Post by TJlivinginCA »

dev wrote:They do change colour tho mine go from gray to blue once history is there .
I changed to a default theme and sure enough the arrows do change color... however my theme colors are orange and/or yellow (ltd #), and SlimJet does not work with these themes. (I tried the same themes on a different computer with Chrome, and they changed color) Therefore I feel that this is a bug that needs to be looked into... because I'm stuck using a theme that doesn't match well with my system colors.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

The developers can probably make more headway with this issue if you link the theme in question.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

TJlivinginCA

Post by TJlivinginCA »

Here are some themes that don't work well with SlimJet's back/forward arrows:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... o?hl=en-GB (only very slight color change... not really noticeable)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... d?hl=en-GB (again, change not really noticeable)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... p?hl=en-GB (this is one of the themes that shows some change to the color, but it is minimal)

1) the contrasting colors needs to be greater -- even black to white (or wht to blk)
2) making the arrows larger would also be helpful
3) or make a blk/wht border appear around the arrow when a history exists.

dev

Post by dev »

so they do change then just needs a tweak to the css which may be better to ask the author's to do it.

TJlivinginCA

Post by TJlivinginCA »

Take a look at the attachment, and see how different the contrast is, between the arrows on Chrome and the arrows on SlimJet (same theme). It's NOT an issue with the theme author.

dev

Post by dev »

Never said it was a problem with the theme, what i said was ask the author of the theme to alter it for you. Explain you use a browser with fatter buttons etc and see it they will alter the css, more chance of that happening than slimjet altering its interface just for you because you can't see a slight colour change in a arrow. Not like its hard just to right click and see your history is it. :)

TJlivinginCA

Post by TJlivinginCA »

I didn't realize it was such a big coding change to tweak this ... And, as I've mentioned, this color issue exists in many of the themes, and I don't have the intention of asking all the authors to change their themes whenever I decide to change themes -- especially when they look fine in chrome, chromium and other variants. But I will just get used to this, or find a theme that does work with slimjet... thanks for your feedback.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

TJ,

Flashpeak is the only acknowledged developer posting on this forum. Don't give up so quickly on implementation of your request. You have been discussing this with a user not a developer.

cheers
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11