[Feature Request] Active Mute/Unmute button on tabs.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Knowthought

[Feature Request] Active Mute/Unmute button on tabs.

Post by Knowthought »

Hopefully I am not starting a duplicate thread but I search for a post on why I cannot click the "Audio" icon of a tab and Mute/Unmute on SlimJet but can on Chrome and Cent Browser :?: Instead I have ro right click and then click again to do the same thing, seems counter-intuitive.
Last edited by oftentired on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed Topic Title to make it a Feature Request

dev

Re: No Mute/Unmute hoverover button on tabs.

Post by dev »

ask for it to be added (featured request) :)

Knowthought

Re: [Feature Request] Active Mute/Unmute button on tabs.

Post by Knowthought »

Thanks for editing my post. I know Chrome by default has this feature and so does the latest Firefox. I'm guessing its because of Slimjets UI tweaks.

Zamgiga909

Post by Zamgiga909 »

You can tick the option by navigating to about:flags

dev

Post by dev »

The flag doesn't do anything in my slimjet. the mute icon still needs to be right clicked.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dev wrote:The flag doesn't do anything in my slimjet. the mute icon still needs to be right clicked.
It worked for me after I restarted the browser. Then I left click directly on the sound icon to toggle it for mute and unmute.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

oftentired wrote:
dev wrote:The flag doesn't do anything in my slimjet. the mute icon still needs to be right clicked.
It worked for me after I restarted the browser. Then I left click directly on the sound icon to toggle it for mute and unmute.
Just a quirk then as mine doesn't, i've tried the usual enable then disable but no worries as i've never used them, old school for me open the tab mute the audio lol which doesn't happen much nowadays as most adverts are blocked by adblocker's and youtube has plenty of scripts to stop autoplay

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dev wrote:
oftentired wrote:
Just a quirk then as mine doesn't, i've tried the usual enable then disable but no worries as i've never used them, old school for me open the tab mute the audio lol which doesn't happen much nowadays as most adverts are blocked by adblocker's and youtube has plenty of scripts to stop autoplay
I used the, "Relaunch Now", button to restart that is on the flags page itself if that makes any difference.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Knowthought

Post by Knowthought »

Relaunching just crashes the browser all together. I just tried it but instead of hitting the "Relaunch" I just closed Slimjet and fired it back up again and it seems to be working.

dev

Post by dev »

yeah relaunch and just shutting the browser down then reopening it is pretty much the same the only difference is relaunch keeps/remembers any tabs open you had open, same as ff does when a extension updates.

Nope mine doesn't work but thanks but i'm not fussed over it probably some extension problem messing with it and as i'm typing this thinking about it, my install of dfx is probably the culprit as it takes over the audio of the browser :)

Probably worth putting it the tips section tho for people or the devs stating it somewhere (blog) it may be a flag if audio icon on tabs doesn't work after they have installed slimjet