Slimjet 6 and Java support

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Tom Dooley

Re: Slimjet 6 and Java support

Post by Tom Dooley »

I use Slimjet 6.02 64 bit portable and I still get "This plugin is not supported " . :(

dev

Post by dev »

did it work in 6.01 as it might point to a bug in 6.02 (make sure you have the enable Npapi plugins ticked in slimjet settings, it should be but might changed in the update)

Tom Dooley

Post by Tom Dooley »

npapi plugins are activated.

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

Well SJ 6.0 is now active. I think I'll update, seeing as though I was on SJ v4.0.15.

Is NPAPI still supported? I don't use Java that much but other plugins are required.

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

flashpeak wrote:We have started working on migrating Slimjet to Chromium 46. But we are running into some difficulty with the support of Java. We found a way to re-enable the support of NPAPI and silverlight works just fine. However, Java simply refuses to work properly so far. It looks like Google's chrome team has removed or changed a lot of the supporting code for NPAPI. We will give a few more day's work to investigate the possibility. But from what we are looking at now, we might have to live without Java in Slimjet 6 built on top of Chromium 46.

We will make Slimjet 5 available for users who have to have Java support in any case.
Downloaded and installed Slimjet 6.0. Looks like all NPAPI plugins are working nicely as expected - including Java. Congrats Flashpeak, and thanks for providing us with the best browser!

Tom Dooley

Post by Tom Dooley »

Thank You - now I got it working. I recently came upon the latest version of slimboat. It does not work with java. Is this my fault or does it have no support for java ?

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

Hi,

Google Talk/Hangouts still won't work very well with Slimjet version 6.0.4, nor with version 6.0.2. The plugin is recognized though.

Is there any way if getting it to work? I know that it worked fine in version 4.0.15.

Thanks.