【Feature Removal】Share on Facebook

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
shmizan__

Re: 【Feature Removal】Share on Facebook

Post by shmizan__ »

what you can't seem to understand is that facebook is a private thing and not everyone in the world use it like YOU do.
if I share something that I DON'T want to share on my PERSONAL page is a breach in MY PRIVACY, because the people I am "friends" with it can see it. it can be the number "2". if I don't want it to be on my page and it accidentally gets there - that's a breach of my privacy.
it has NOTHING to do with the information that is being posted, but merely the fact that SOMETHING is posted without my will.

you CAN'T tell me how to use my facebook, what my privacy is, and how to surf the web. you CAN try to understand that some people think differently than you.

you have a logic failure in:
"Most webpages will not contain your private personal data. Any data shared via the Share on Facebook feature that does not consist of your private personal data cannot, by definition, be a privacy issue."
even if I was concerned about what was being posted in my facebook (instead of my actual argument which I hope you understand by now), when you say "MOST" you can't continue with "does not consist", because most is not ALL.

and as long as this doesn't get the proper response from the developers (and at this point I WILL note again that this can be solved using the easiest checkbox option in settings), my suspensions arise.
is facebook paying the slimjet team so that link will be there? is my privacy even in greater risk than I thought? that my browser has facebook interests served?
what exactly seems to be the problem in making this optional?

please don't distract this matter from the core essence of it like you tried to do in the previous post.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I do not worry about any of this stuff. I choose not to show the Facebook button and I do not use the right click option. I am a big Facebook user and also administer several groups there and I also have my privacy settings locked down. If the Slimjet developers receive some income from Facebook, I also have no problem at all with that.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

shmizan__ wrote:what you can't seem to understand is that facebook is a private thing and not everyone in the world use it like YOU do.
I understand what your saying and I suspect we will never agree on the definition of what is and is not private.

But the core of your argument, that Slimjet violates your privacy, has no merit. Nothing is being shared against your will. Even if you accidentally select Share on Facebook nothing is shared until a dialog window is opened and you tell it to go ahead and share it. The bottom line is that Slimjet is not violating your privacy by having a feature that allows you to Share on Facebook. Slimjet does not post on Facebook behind your back without your knowledge or consent.

After opening a webpage it requires three specific separate deliberate actions on your part to Share on Facebook with the highlight text right click context menu while using Slimjet. The odds of all three actions being done accidentally are beyond my math skills to compute. I suspect it would be similar to hitting the lottery. In other words it cannot be done accidentally and if it actually did happen accidentally it is not Slimjet doing so but your own actions. Even if accidentally done by your own actions it would not be done behind your back or otherwise against your will therefore Slimjet is not violating your privacy by having the right click context menu option to Share on Facebook available to you.

This is my last reply for this argument.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

shmizan__

Post by shmizan__ »

RBTB2605 wrote:I do not worry about any of this stuff. I choose not to show the Facebook button and I do not use the right click option. I am a big Facebook user and also administer several groups there and I also have my privacy settings locked down. If the Slimjet developers receive some income from Facebook, I also have no problem at all with that.
thank you for your completely irrelevant post.
would you like to tell me about some things that bother you? I will happily find some of them that don't bother me and tell you about it.
oftentired wrote:...........................

This is my last reply for this argument.
thank you. at last. I hope to finally receive some ON-TOPIC response from the developers.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

shmizan__ , I am not rude to you, why the bad attitude ? If you do not like the features that Slimjet provide, then why stay using it ? My post is not irrelevant, It was right on topic. Enough said. Have a great day.

PietRada

Post by PietRada »

beast-usa wrote:I 2nd that I live in the US and have zero use for anything FaceBook on my browser.
You can "Customize Toolbar" on the backwards toolbar and hide it.
Thanks for the hint: that works for good enough for me to hide Facebook. The sharing context menu's are not visible all the time.